GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well picked up my new White 2012 Wing today.. My plan it to hook up my Ampi-rider (works like a Mix-it) to feed the aux line on the bike. My GPS has XM and also so I can hear my radar detector. The GPS and audio on the radar detector feeds the ampi-rider in turn it is plugged into the aux 3.5mm line on the bike. Has anyone done anything like this??

Also I have to buy a harness since it does not come with the 12 model. The wiring I am talking about is the 3.5mm that is in the left glove box. Has anyone used the one from Direct line parts with the gound loop isolator?? Will it help with any noise??

Any help or wisdom would be very helpful.

DID I TELL YOU I PICKED UP MY NEW WING TODAY?? :excited:

Thanks in advance... Smitty

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
:congrats:eek:n your new wing

not familar with what you are trying to do electronically

·
Registered
703 Posts
Smiitty,

I received a harness with my new Goldwing. I assume that it came with the bike because the dealer installed it. I don't use it. I have a Kennedy interface for my Zumo.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I talked to my dealer and he said the 3.5 mm pigtail only comes with the models with the navigation units. I don't know why.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to my dealer and he said the 3.5 mm pigtail only comes with the models with the navigation units. I don't know why.
Yes, that is true. I ordered one from Hal with a ground loop isolator. No tool kit on the 2012 Wing's ship to the USA..

Smitty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts