GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was using my phone for music through the AUX line connection when it suddenly stopped working. Tried many times to reset, All other functions on the radio work fine only the AUX doesn't work. I would appreciate any of your suggestions.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Chech the connection under the left pocket.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Try a second music device, one that you know works. Those jacks are notoriously finicky. I have to use velcro strips to hold the AUX plug just so when using my radar detector,.

If that does not help, try wiggling the wires near the pronged end, or anywhere they have been bent sharply, to see if they are broken internally.

As eddiepants says, you can take the pocket out and check the connector in front of the pocket. They're cheap to replace if you need one.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I've had my iphone lock up multiple times, in different apps. Sirius, music, Pandora...usually after using for a couple hours. Reset may be to turn off the bike, turn off the phone or both. It's a PIA. Same happens with my J&M adapter for the CD. The only function of the audio system I get without fail is CB, AM or FM stations.
I've tried a bluetooth adapter for my bike I bought through Electrical Connections and have much the same result.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Try a simple test. Hook up a head phone to the device and see if you can hear anything.

If you can, remove the left pocket and there is a connector where cable hook up to. See if it is connected.

As we previously mentioned, some connected devices have tendency to "lock-up" and stop working...my MP3 player do on occassion.

Only way to reset is turn the bike off and on.

BTW, you been "lurking" for a while...about time you say something.🤔🙄🤭😁😎

·
Vendor
19,446 Posts
Do the simple stuff first ... reboot !!!
Does your phone play music through it's owe speaker ???

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've had my iphone lock up multiple times, in different apps. Sirius, music, Pandora...usually after using for a couple hours. Reset may be to turn off the bike, turn off the phone or both. It's a PIA. Same happens with my J&M adapter for the CD. The only function of the audio system I get without fail is CB, AM or FM stations. I've tried a bluetooth adapter for my bike I bought through Electrical Connections and have much the same result.
I saw an article yesterday where Apple advised against putting your iPhone on a motorcycle handlebar stating something about the vibrations. I don't see why it would be different than any other phone. I suppose the less ridged the mount the better so it will take some of the vibrations.

But I was wondering which Bluetooth adapter from electrical connections you bought. The one with the 3.5mm input directly off it or the one that has the same lead as the bike? Just curious because I recently bought one and I was wondering if I may be in for problems down the road.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I saw an article yesterday where Apple advised against putting your iPhone on a motorcycle handlebar stating something about the vibrations. I don't see why it would be different than any other phone. I suppose the less ridged the mount the better so it will take some of the vibrations.

But I was wondering which Bluetooth adapter from electrical connections you bought. The one with the 3.5mm input directly off it or the one that has the same lead as the bike? Just curious because I recently bought one and I was wondering if I may be in for problems down the road.
THIS ONE

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Whatever you do, UPDATE that iPhone, iPad, iWatch, and iMac today - there's a new zero-day, zero-click vulnerability that was announced yesterday that allows your Apple device to be hacked simply by someone texting you an image.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If replacing the stereo chord doesn't work, Reboot your phone. Sometimes I have to reboot my phone when something sticks or quits.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well??? Any progress?

It may be your bike, get rid of it and buy a new one?😁 just trying to get your attention🤭

1 - 12 of 12 Posts