GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Aux power plug the same from '01 thru '07?

Does anyone know where the aux power plug in the left fairing get's it's power source?

Does it come direct from the fuse panel? Which fuse?

Does it feed from the Accessory fuse? OR share with one of the other fuses?

Any idea of max amp draw allowed on the Aux power plug?

Thanks for any and all info,

Ken H>

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
KenH said:
Is the Aux power plug the same from '01 thru '07?

Does anyone know where the aux power plug in the left fairing get's it's power source?

Does it come direct from the fuse panel? Which fuse?

Does it feed from the Accessory fuse? OR share with one of the other fuses?

Any idea of max amp draw allowed on the Aux power plug?

Thanks for any and all info,

Ken H>
I believe that the ACC power plug wiring hasn't changed.

The ACC plug is fed through the ACC power relay through the 15A Audio/ACC fuse (#19 on the earlier bikes) which also provides power for the ACC terminals on the fuse block (which are separately fused for 5A), the audio system and other misc power feeds.

Based on the size of the wiring that feeds it and the shared loads, I wouldn't plan on putting more than 5A on that plug.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Jon - your 5 Amp recomendation is what I was thinking. I just don't have access to my shop manual this week - man, I sure do miss it.

That should work just fine for power heated handgrips then - they draw 1.82 amps (call it 2 amps)... then have a bit left over for a small GPS.

OK Jon, what is the current draw of the Iway 500C? I've just did a quick check of the Lorance website, and a scan of the 500C manual and did not see the current draw listed anywhere. I'm sure I just missed it.

Jon, do you know where the power plug for the Honda line heated handgrips is located on a '06/07 wing? I'd like to connect my grips there if possible - isn't that in the right fairing somewhere?

Thanks for all the info Jon,

Ken H>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts