GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many AUX power plugs can I add to my 06? I have one now - Cigar Type - for my GPS. I'm looking to add another for XM/SIRIUS or does the AUX cable that is in my left pocket also provide power?
Thanks

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi Spring,

I use the left pocket outlet for the gps and got a trunk outlet for the Sirius radio. I just ran a power cord from the trunk up to the suction cup windshield mount...

I'm sure there are many other options...

Lance

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
John Deere Make some nice Power Plugs...

the male plug is John Deere #RE11344 $7.3
the female socket is JD #AL25073 $3.8

I think they are like what BMW uses on there bikes.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
There is a power plug in the left pocket as well as a AUX plug for input to bike audio system. You can buy the connectors and chain together a few 12vdc power plugs asd long as you keep the required amps down. After that you should probably add a accessory strip from EC, and you can get more power. check the EC site http://www.electricalconnection.com/category_breakdown.htm

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can hook up the XM or another device by simply "clamping" the power leads onto the red and black aux power wires. You don't need to add a seperate plug. Lot easier and takes up much less room. As stated previously, just keep an eye on the load you are putting on. One extra device is ususally not a problem.

I run my XM and Ipod (not on at same time) via a Kennedy Aux Switch, a J&M CFRG unit that powers my radar detector and blue tooth adapter for phone off the Aux power supply.

If you want a seperate cigarette lighter type adapter, you can fit one in the rear passenger pockets below the rear speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts