GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '02 wing. I'd like to find the name of the auxiliary cord to operate my mp3 player off of the auxiliary button on the radio ???? thanks in advance for the help:bow:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,207 Posts
Just bought an '02 wing. I'd like to find the name of the auxiliary cord to operate my mp3 player off of the auxiliary button on the radio ???? thanks in advance for the help:bow:
It should be installed in the left fairing pocket, but if it's not, here is the part number to buy one. It's basically a headset cord with a grommet and a special connector on one end to plug into the bike's connector under the pocket.

39170-MCA-000

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
should be in left pocket . ck with electrical connections or wingstuff or hondaline -they should have. surprised that old bike doesnt have . i'm to slow :roll:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Part number for Auxiliary Input Patch Cord is 39170-MCA-000. A Google search on the part number will show several sources.
Electrical Connections sells a ground loop isolator which replaces the patch cord http://www.electricalconnection.com/audio/filter-gli.htm . I had a whining noise in the aux audio from my Zumo 550 that was eliminated by the isolator.

Ron

Two posts come in while I am composing mine. Sigh.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Could be packaged with the Owner's Manual in the rear holder of the Left baggage box. If PO never installed it. EC sells (or used to anyway) one with a filter inline.

prs

·
Registered
549 Posts
The EC on is 6' long, enough to reach the left handlebar and us a RAM mount.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
MP3 player

You might want to consider an MP3 player that plugs into the CD connector under the seat. It allows you to control the volume and change songs and folders using the handlebar controls on the bike. I have a bikeMP3 that works very well. www.bikeMP3.com

Rayjoe

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have a couple of them that I'm not using. Ever get down Seneca way? It's about 45 miles, depending on which way you go. If you still need one, drop me a note at [email protected]
You might want to consider the bikemp3 that Rayjoe mentioned, too. They are great.

·
Registered
413 Posts
What I need is a "Motorcycle Audio for Dummies"! Small words and short sentences and lots of pictures. I simply have never been exposed to the electronics industry and I don't understand anything about it. I don't understand the parts, the names of the different connections or anything else about the audio system. When I start to read the threads, I get the feeling that the poster "assumes" I have some degree of knowledge. That is just not the case. Don't assume I know anything. It is frustrating.

Chief

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
What I need is a "Motorcycle Audio for Dummies"! Small words and short sentences and lots of pictures. I simply have never been exposed to the electronics industry and I don't understand anything about it. I don't understand the parts, the names of the different connections or anything else about the audio system. When I start to read the threads, I get the feeling that the poster "assumes" I have some degree of knowledge. That is just not the case. Don't assume I know anything. It is frustrating.

Chief
Did they include the operators manual with the bike? (sometimes they are in the back of the LH luggage compartment (saddlebag) with the tool kit)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a bunch guys, I did locate the cord at Partszilla for about 25 bucks and it's on the way....appreciate all your expertise !!

·
Registered
782 Posts
You might want to consider an MP3 player that plugs into the CD connector under the seat. It allows you to control the volume and change songs and folders using the handlebar controls on the bike. I have a bikeMP3 that works very well. www.bikeMP3.com

Rayjoe

:agree:

·
Registered
413 Posts
The only thing I don't like about the MP3 player plugged into the CD harness is the fact that it has no "random" mode to play the music. You have to listen to an entire album or set of music before it goes to the next. The MP3 player in my left pocket allows me to play the random mode.

Chief

1 - 13 of 13 Posts