GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When, oh when, will we be able to get new E3"s? I'm almost to the point of having to park my bike. I can't make any long trips now. What's the latest? I ordered new ones from Hal last sale. Thought he would have some by now.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
HDL was expecting a shipment of tires by now but I've heard nothing....I ordered mine the same time as you.

I'll probably cancel my order and try a car tire on the back of my GL1800. The Toyo Proxes looks good. They're cheaper, they're available and they should last twice as long. Unless they handle awful, the Proxes ought to work ok for me.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
tires

I have heard October 17th now, but have heard this a few times so ferrrr

·
Registered
650 Posts
I found a rear E3, but am searching for a front now.

·
Road Warrior
1,323 Posts
If someone finds some please let me know, I am trying to line up enough tires so that I can quit worry about having enough to finish the 100,000 mile quest. Right now I have two sets with one of them going to be used next week. I need at least 3 more sets of tires to be safe and if I decide to go for the overall record I will need 5 more sets. Thanks Sheila

G

·
Dunlop has really dropped the ball. Every date that we get keeps being pushed out. After a while you have to really wonder what is going on. And their silence on the issue is really deafening.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey I ordered E3's from Hal on Sat 9/30. Got a call Monday morning letting me know they had Metzler ME880 fronts in stock and expect delivery for rears later this week.

I said OK, Thanks! Ship the Metzlers! The heck with Dunlop!

I call that customer service! Thanks Hal and to your entire team

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
After Hal and I reporting on the tire shortage for 3 months, you guys convinced me that there is no shortage. Now whom am I to believe? My National tire supplier or you guys?

I think I know the answer....>LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
mrbill21 said:
When, oh when, will we be able to get new E3"s? I'm almost to the point of having to park my bike. I can't make any long trips now. What's the latest? I ordered new ones from Hal last sale. Thought he would have some by now.
I needed one fast, a hole, and found one locally for a premium over Hal's prices.

The weather was oo nice I just couldn't wait plus my truck would have cost me more in gas than paid extra for the tire. My truck sucks for mileage.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Dunlop's current out of stock condition cost them at least this customer (and all of my bikes have Dunlops on them). I've got a set of 'stones in the garage to replace the E3's when they wear out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts