GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain how these 3 settings effect radio operation i.e., under what circumstances does one setting have advantage over the others?

Greyhound

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Auto volume control: As you go faster, the volume turns itself up. If it's on low, it turns it up a little, med is more, etc. Since my ears ring all the time, I have mine on high. Some owners complain that their avc doesn't work; mine works fine.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Right about that Dr. Phil, mine never did work. I have a question about it though. As the AVC increases the volume, do you see the numbers go up on the digital display as you would if you were increasing the volume manually?

·
Registered
48 Posts
You don't see the numbers change and I don't think it works when your using your headsets, only works on external speakers, at least thats the way mine is.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I always have mine on high. I notice the volume increasing when you get to about 60mph. When you drop below 60, the volume goes back down to where it was before. As was said above, it only works with speakers, & not headsets.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well I hate to disagree, but mine definitely works with the both the speakers or the headsets. I just checked this out the other day while running 70mph down the highway. I agree the change is very subtle, but having the AVC on HI makes a difference with the headsets on.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I thought the increase was at 50,but I'm too far away to check it out.

If you already have your volume maxed out at 30,it will not take it any higher

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Working from memory (a bad idea at my age), I think there
are two setting for the AVC: One is for AVC Headsets and reads
Low, High; and the other is for AVC Speakers and reads Low,
Med, High.

I think. :roll:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Not to get in an argument here, but mine changes at precisely 45 mph. We've got a number of roads with that speed limit around here, and so it is noticable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts