GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been posted on here yet.
I have watched a little of the trailer....it looks to be a wonderfull movie documentry. It even made me miss flying. Though I would never give up my GoldWing!!!

http://www.onesixright.com/

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Don, you are right. Watching that really makes me think about flying again. I kind of forgot just how wonderful it was.

·
Registered
918 Posts
The video is OK, but what you saw on the trailer is the best parts. The rest of the story is just about the airport and its history. Again, its OK; but I was disappointed overall.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Flying an aircraft, yourself, is probably the only thrill which exceeds the elation of riding a motorcycle through 'sweeping curves', across undulating landscape! I flew solo at 10 hours - nervous as could be, but, elated, to be on my way to awesome experiences.

The film is emotional. Flying is a truly unique love affair, which encompasses such an extent of the phenomenon of our natural environment.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I grew up on bikes starting with the Honda Z50A. Graduated to the CB550, then the CB1100F. I didn't have my first car until I was 23 but was on my third bike by then.
A friend got my interested in flying one day and to me it was a three dimential bike...what a blast. I decided to make that my living (didn't think there was any money in racing bikes...DOH!) Currently flying for the majors.
I am proud to say I will be picking up my new Blue '07 Wing in two weeks.
I can tell you from experience, the thrill/love of biking and the thrill/love of flying are very closely intertwined. The freedom experienced by both is to know there is a definate kinship.
Ride safe!/Dirty side down!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
H-man said:
Flying an aircraft, yourself, is probably the only thrill which exceeds the elation of riding a motorcycle
We nearly agree ...
I would substitute the word "matches" for "exceeds".
:)

I really love both.

Dennis

·
Registered
977 Posts
Wingwing,
I understand your meaning. I didn't want to elaborate on my description, in the first thread. I feel that flying adds the dimension of increased vertical sensation, in climb or descent, beyond motorcycling, unless, you become airborne on hilltops?!!. You can't match the combination of sensations, when performing climbing/descending turns; and if you're into aerobatics, the G's are absoloutely outrageous!
Glad, you can empathize with both hobbies.

·
Registered
130 Posts
All I can say is:

Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man....

Landing is the first !

VA-Deano

1 - 8 of 8 Posts