GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted the new NRF Avid Envigor yesterday afternoon, and this morning was my first ride on it. If I'd just got on the bike without knowing what tire it was, I'd have sworn it was a MC tire. Man, this is a GREAT tire! Ironically I put in an order from Tirerack very early before I left the house for the Michelin Alpin PA3 ZP, which will be delivered next Monday, but after feeling how good this tire feels, I may have it for sale before I even mount it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I mounted that same tire two months ago. Great ride but a problem arose today. I developed a leak through valve stem as some Dynabeads got into valve stem causing a leak. For those of us with older GW's without air pressure monitor beware!!! Tire is so stiff that at first it isn't noticeable of a leak. Luckily I was near a gas station to be able to add more air & dislodge the Dynabeads.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Great to hear frank. I'm sure the NRF would be a great tire for their RF is awesome. I let a guy at work ride the wing today up and down the road, and he was like, what a wonderful ride, just so smooth, ect, ect, ect. and when he got off, he was amazed how well the big bike handled. and then I showed him the car tire on the back. People would never know the difference.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Great to hear frank. I'm sure the NRF would be a great tire for their RF is awesome. I let a guy at work ride the wing today up and down the road, and he was like, what a wonderful ride, just so smooth, ect, ect, ect. and when he got off, he was amazed how well the big bike handled. and then I showed him the car tire on the back. People would never know the difference.

What air pressure are you runing there?

I run 30 PSI in mine and it sags more than that one in the picture does.

Barney

·
Registered
172 Posts
i started with 35, and I'm down to 33, I'll probably go lower as the spring summer weather hits here in Texas. I want to keep a firm feeling but not wear out the center. My tpms light will blink for the first 10 to 20 mins depending on weather temp so I know the pressure builds. It also sounds like 30 is about what most people ride for that balance and I may do the same, though I'm still new at this.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What PSI would you recommend for the NRF? The sidewall says not to exceed 40 lbs, so I ran it up to 38-38.5 so that when it warms up my TPMS light goes off, but when I got in this afternoon and checked it, the pressure was 42.5, so I bled some off. My dad gum TPMS will alert if the pressure is only a pound and a half low.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What PSI would you recommend for the NRF? The sidewall says not to exceed 40 lbs, so I ran it up to 38-38.5 so that when it warms up my TPMS light goes off, but when I got in this afternoon and checked it, the pressure was 42.5, so I bled some off. My dad gum TPMS will alert if the pressure is only a pound and a half low.
I have the same tire. The 40 PSI max is for setting the bead. I think you can go up to 51 PSI. I am running about 42 PSI right now, still experimenting with it.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I have the same tire. The 40 PSI max is for setting the bead. I think you can go up to 51 PSI. I am running about 42 PSI right now, still experimenting with it.
51 psi max is correct .
For my riding style I cannot go below 36 psi on this tire . 38 is what I prefer .
Please be careful with the NRF's as they will not support bike if an instant air loss occurs . Highly recommended the RF version for safety . I have ran both the NRF and the RF version of this tire and I assure you most will never know the difference .

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Enjoy you're new tire, ride safe and have fun!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Alpin was delivered from Tirerack yesterday, so I have a new tire in stock and waiting. However, I like this Envigor so much it may never be mounted.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i / we like the RF CT too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts