GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny how I learn new acronyms. Last week my cat was in an accident and had to spend time in a Vet Trauma Center. He is recovering and was able to bring home last night. After checking him out, the attending Vet said we needed to bring him back in 5 days for a "post HBC visit". Now not having a clue as to what this meant (with attendent blank look on my face), I ask HBC? The Vets response was "Oh, Hit By Car". So I just thought this is something for us to avoid also. NO HBC's...Ride Safe!!

The FASTEST :yw1: Wing

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
That's funny! Thanks for the sentiment I pass along... No HBC's!

BTW that reminds me of a funny story. A female community service officer of our local department (she is now a fully sworn officer) used the acronym DRT over the air one night. The sergeant was not amused. (DRT=DEAD RIGHT THERE and is not a 'usable' term.)

·
Registered
788 Posts
My friends step father, over the years, would interject a comment about the MCR. We let it slide for a long time, because he frequently didn't make sense. Nice guy, but not the brightest light in the harbor. Finally, we had to ask him, what does MCR mean? "Mouth of the Columbia River" he replied. Ever after that we would interject another M - R and it was up to the others to figure out which river it was. Simple minds are easily entertained!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts