GL1800Riders Forums banner

Avon 70R Tire for 1800

733 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  KA7W 
#1 ·
I am having my ride get new shoes today and will have the Avon 70R tire for the rear tire, based upon many comments from those who have gone this route. Anyone near Lebanon, PA have a timing zone so I can check the speedometer reading vs true reading? A friendly LEO with a radar gun, perhaps? :D

So, I'll have new Avons and the Wing has already had the Traxxion full conversion. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves & offer comments!

My first run will be the PGR mission in Pen Argyl, PA this Saturday.

#2 ·
I am on my second Avon 70 series rear tire. Your MPH is within 1/2 MPH of what your reading off the bike. I use a GPS on my bike all the time so I am speaking from looking and using this over many thousands of miles. It doesn't matter if your going 25 MPH or 90 MPH it will be almost dead on.

#6 ·
Head for the freeway - get a sweep second hand. At 60 mph, mileposts should go by at one every minute. 60 mph is 1 mile per minute, or 88 feet per second.

#7 ·
Just rode home on the new tires, and with the Traxxion setup, handling is very crisp. I'll need 100 miles to scrub in the tires - will get that this weekend.

I'll take my stopwatch along the interstate, set the cruise at 60 & see if I get 60 sec. between posts. BTW, I live in a 25 mph zone, known for speeding. With an 88 foot timing zone - two painted white dots - 25 mph is 2.4 sec thru the zone. Clocked one kid at 46! Most vehicles were 30 - 35 mph, revealing what I already know about PA: The white signs are suggested speed limits (unless you get caught!).

#8 ·
John,

Copied this for you...

When a system's energy is defined as the sum of its "useful" energy, (e.g. that used to push a piston), and its "useless energy", i.e. that energy which cannot be used for external work, then entropy may be (most concretely) visualized as the "scrap" or "useless" energy
Had to look up the word 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.