GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tire pressure are you running in your tires? :?: Had 40, 40 in stones and lops and was wondering if avon's should be the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
38/41, The avon's make you think the wing is a yamaha R1.... 1st. set, about 400 miles, all dry.Expecting super handling on wet surface also. :D :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
38, 41 is what I run in mine also. Good handleing tires, wet or dry. though slow down for the wet please.
I got 7k on the back tire before this change. still have front on. Started getting the low speed wobbles. New back, wobbles gone.
I am heading out to Rockies Gold next week, so wanted good rubber on the ground. If just around town and such, I might have kept old tire a bit longer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
40 front and 42 rear. With wife, I set the front at 38 and rear at 44. These are lasting longer than my last set due to the pressure. Lower pressure makes them run hotter and 99% of blowouts are from too much heat and too little pressure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
40 front avon cobra

32 kumo car tire (here we go!) :eek:4: 40,000 + mi on ct's

·
Registered
812 Posts
38 and 41 for me also. I am on my second set and have gotten good mileage and handling out of both sets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts