GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of Avon tires for my 08 wing on the internet and they are back ordered from the factory. Anyone know where the factory is located and why they would be delayed. I ordered the rear 60 series not the 70 that they stated they were having trouble with.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i finaly got them in and just put about 800 miles on them this weekend. I noticed a little vibration between 55/75 mph. I am wondering if they just didn't balance them very well. They use stick on weights. I don't know whether to take it back for a rebalance or put in my dyno beads that i ordered. what do you think

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Well i finaly got them in and just put about 800 miles on them this weekend. I noticed a little vibration between 55/75 mph. I am wondering if they just didn't balance them very well. They use stick on weights. I don't know whether to take it back for a rebalance or put in my dyno beads that i ordered. what do you think
This is a good time to test the dyna beads. Put them in, leave the weights on and try it. then remove the weights and try it again.:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im afraid to remove the weights. Your suppose to put 1 oz in front and 2 oz in back right. If i remove the weights it might be to far out of balance for the 1 oz to compensate for. I will try and add just to the front tomorrow and take it for a spin. If it smoothes it out i will just leave it that way. Thanks I will let you know

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I put 1 o/z in the front and left the weights on and just got back. It still seemed a little off in the same speeds. But above 90 it smoothed out. I noticed the front wheel had 8 1/4 oz weights on it. 4 on each side of the rim. Thats 2 ounces to balance it. You said put 2 oz in front and back. I only put 1 oz. What should i do now, remove half of the weights and try it again? remove all the weights and try it again with the 1 oz in it. Or remove all the weights and add another 1 oz of dyno beads. Let me know please. Thanks

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

My last Avon bubbled on the front real bad.. It was in the center of the tread, about 8 inches long and two inches wide. It did not go flat, just started bouncing real bad, I drove home at 15 to 20 MPH, took a hour and a half but it did not go flat.

JMHO :cool:

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i just got back from a 2.000 mile trip. I put Dyna Beads in front 2 oz. and pulled al the weights off. Ran real smooth. I am thinking of just leaving the rear alone since it has 4 oz of weights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts