GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire was installed when frame recall was done last week. Had a chance to try this over the weekend, and rode the bike to work today. The bike still has the old Dunlop on the front as the replacement Avon is on backorder according to my dealer.
The 70 Series rear corrected the speedo error. It is now dead on using a measured mile and a tachymeter. Not as accurate as GPS, but close enough for me. Engine RPM at 75 MPH is now at about 3100. Steering seems a lot quicker, but could be due to the new tire not being worn any in the center. So far, no noise or vibration from it, no wobble. I don't notice any difference in acceleration performance. It still hits 100 plus with little effort. So far, this seems like the way to go for correcting the speedo. No ill effects.
One thing I did notice...there are fewer speeders on the road now :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Tell us:
How does the bike set on the sidestand now

How does it set on the centerstand now

Are you going to have to make changes to either stand,or have you?

I'm considering this option, but not if I have to redesign and rebuild the bike to do it.

·
Registered
16,985 Posts
I am almost set to do the same thing. I may run the Bridgestone tire on front if not the Avon -- depends on what the long run Avon reports are as they come in. In regard to the side stand and center stand, if necessary, it would be very easy to either weld a small build-up block to the feet or to simply install some neoprene pads on the feet. I would not mind an easier lift onto or off of the center anyway -- be nice to simply come in and stand up on the center peg from the seated postion.

prs

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Avon 70 series rear tire

No side stand modification is necessary.
When on the center stand, I can still rotate the rear wheel, but it does touch the ground ever so slightly. I wouldn't worry about either of these items as being a problem. I installed the tire to correct the speedo error. I like to know how fast I'm really going. It does that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts