GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Avon Venom X tires on my GL1800 and was just checking the tread depth. I have about 5/32 to 6/32 on the rear and 4/32 on the front (8.5k miles). I have been all over Avon's site and can't seem to find what the depth was when new. Anyone know for sure? Next set I'll measure them and record it.

I also want to post some thoughts. I love these tires. They are sticky in the wet or dry, corner like the bike is on rails and road/tar snakes don'e seem to both it much. Steel grates on bridges I don't even notice them. Other than the noise I can't think of a negative. I run them at 36 and 41 psi just like the owners manual says and ride mostly 1 up. I am not an aggressive rider.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have Avon Venom X tires on my GL1800 and was just checking the tread depth. I have about 5/32 to 6/32 on the rear and 4/32 on the front (8.5k miles). I have been all over Avon's site and can't seem to find what the depth was when new. Anyone know for sure? Next set I'll measure them and record it.

I also want to post some thoughts. I love these tires. They are sticky in the wet or dry, corner like the bike is on rails and road/tar snakes don'e seem to both it much. Steel grates on bridges I don't even notice them. Other than the noise I can't think of a negative. I run them at 36 and 41 psi just like the owners manual says and ride mostly 1 up. I am not an aggressive rider.
Not to start a firestorm but I hope you meant Venom R, X is a basis Ply and is for the 1500.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check again but I could have sworn that it said Venom X on the front. Didn't check the rear that closely. I bought the bike with them on it is why I don't know for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts