GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the best kids I could have ever wished for! Look what they made for me following my 50CC ride in May. They snuck into my office and took some of the sand and water samples I collected on each coast. They also copied the pictures I had on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
3,570 Posts
Joe, that's great that you have such a supporting family. My crowd thinks I'm nuts when I want to scratch the LD itch.:nojoke:

What and when is your and Steve's next adventure?

Glen

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW. MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING RITE :bow::bow:NICE !!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cool dude!!!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe, that's great that you have such a supporting family. My crowd thinks I'm nuts when I want to scratch the LD itch.:nojoke:

What and when is your and Steve's next adventure?

Glen
Glen, we are laying low for a while. We both need to do some bike maintenance and I need new shoes.
Steve has had a stroke of bad luck in the last 2 weeks. First he took a spill at about 30 MPH in some sand and gravel. His bike is OK but he scraped up knees and elbows and broke 2 ribs. The tough SOB picked his bike up and rode it home for the weekend before going to see the doctor on Monday morning. While he was at the doctors office his phone rang and it was his neighbor telling him that the storms the night before had knocked a tree down on his truck! It is pretty much a total loss.

I on the other hand have been so busy since our Spring rides that I finally washed my bike last week and snuck in a ride last weekend to Edom for some Blueberry picking and some good food.
I have my heart set on attempting a BBG before the year is over but not sure when I will try it. I will most likely do at least one run up to the Ozarks for some curves and camping.

You are right about my family being supportive of my crazy LD rides. They were all asking me the same question today. They recommended the Border to Border Insanity or a NW ride. I have never been to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho or any of the NW states above Nevada. Who knows what may come up next year?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Fathers day:
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.

But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.

I sure miss him.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
What a great gift, Joe! Very thoughtful of your kids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts