GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
It's obviously a foreign film clip and hard to get a fix on the Kph of the speedo due to the glare. From some of my previous high speed escapades in different vehicles (definitely not the Wing) I estimate his maximum ground speed in the 160-170 mph range. As a disclaimer I do not recommend nor endorse ultra high speed travel and or the eluding of any police officers while in the process of piloting any type of said vehicle. CYA

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
One thing for sure,he,s got big ones,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
158 Posts
It looked like the first digit was never less than a 2, so he was going minimum 200 kph (125 mph).

Seemed like he was toying with the LEO, slowing down at times to let him catch up. Looks like he got away with it at the end when the LEO gets T-boned.

At the end there was a road sign for Amsterdam. Assume that's where it was filmed.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know it wasn't filmed in Missouri. We don't have any stretches of highways that long without orange barrels :twisted:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
It looks staged to me. The riding sure looks real and all that but it looks too professionally done to look like it's really amateur ( if you know what I mean ). Like the camera changing scenes from front to rear without missing a beat. If it were a real chase I don't think only one police car would be involved, there was enough time to have cars ahead of the bike in waiting. Just looks fishy thats what I think, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks like he was taunting the officer a little bit. And folks wonder why LEOs smack people around when they get their hands on them. LOL!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
He was sure toying with the LEO. I was wondering where all the back up was too...

·
Registered
152 Posts
You don't hear any other road noise from the other cars and trucks he passes. Surely someone beeped the horn at him or her. Or tires screeching before the crash. I would think you would. Or maybe the sireen when he got close. Speedo looks fake to me also.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Interesting video. I had a pursuit much like this one about this time last year through a well known Southern Calif freeway system. Unfortunatley for the dude on the bike, things didn't turn out so well and we peeled his ass off a Ford SUV. I don't advise anyone try that. 99 percent of the time the outcome is....well bad!

·
Registered
463 Posts
chase

Definitely not filmed in the US. Notice how all the vehicles got out of the LEO's way when they saw the lights. Here in the godd ole USA, they tend to do just the oposite.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Re: chase

fixitfrank said:
Definitely not filmed in the US. Notice how all the vehicles got out of the LEO's way when they saw the lights. Here in the godd ole USA, they tend to do just the oposite.
Really?
I was going to say, Obviously in Europe. Notice how none of the truckers tried playing hero?

I've watched lots of chases from the US. Not only do cars pull over, they straight up go to the curb and stop! Then a trucker inevedably tries killing the speeder by cutting them off every chance they get (Hero syndrome).

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Gee!!! Was that Yellow Wolf ? Different bike Different road, Playing hard to catch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Roadking522 said:
http://www.break.com/index/awesome_police_motorbike_chase.html
It's a guy called "ghostrider". He usually rides in Holland, Belgium & Nth. France. He's probably a tad nuts but if you notice, he almost always slows down to let the cops catch up and then leaves them in the dust...

Colm
~there are a ton of his vids on youtube...

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
gee, nice riding, real fast, I sure as hell hope he didn't get someone hurt when the car T-boned the police car.

THATS unforgivable :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts