GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Alley Kats installed. What an awesome sound. The whole job took just under an hour. Not too bad for a greenhorn without a lift. LOL Maurice at MBL is real good to work with, & got them shipped quickly.

·
Registered
274 Posts
So :?: Are we supposed to imagine how it sounds now or are you going to post a sound file so we can hear it too :?:

C'mon we're all ears :roll:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Alley kat

Did you get the turn down version or the his new straight cut design? I agree they sound great. I have the straight cut style and hubby has the turned down version.. Easy to install and Maurice is great to work with and a great product.

kat
2003 Candy Red

I

·
0 Posts
Wingnut/Kat:

Any noticable performance improvement? Acceleration, gas milage, etc.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Alley kat

Have not noticed any change in proformance. Its just a look and sound that you get from the Alley kats. They are stanless steel so they will not rust and they look and sound great..

kat
2003 Candy Red

·
Registered
553 Posts
alley cat source ?

got a link to where you bought the alley cat exhaust ?? thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wingnut,
We may be different, but on the way back from Daytona, it seemed like our gas mileage improved a bit. Of course it could have been that the smiles on our faces reduced drag a bit. We both had the turndowns installed and also love the sound they produce.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to answer a question or two. Yes Kat, I did get the turndown style. And no, I don't have a sound file, but if you click the link below, you can get an idea with the video & audio.

http://www.mblinnovations.com/cgi-bin/video.pl

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Verdyane,

What can I say about you? Just as soon, as I think that you have it all. You up and add something else. Will that "couch rocket" pull off on it's own in first? Or do you need to be rolling when you let the clutch out?...LOL

Hope to see that bike in my driveway some day.

Bulldog

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bulldog, you made me laugh. :D It'll still take off on its own, but if I add much more, Carol will have to get off and push. I just added some more accessories today. I'm making Hal a wealthy man, or at least I'm trying. I too, hope to end up in your driveway someday. :wink:

More goodies!

·
Registered
553 Posts
alley sound ?

i couldnt tell very well on the site listening to the sound..(cheap speakers) can you give me a guess percentage wise how much louder than stock the alley kats are ? such as 50% louder than stock..my wife wont lend me the money for them unless they make a fairly good difference from stock..she wants them to stand out from stockers...thanks i really want them.....also the site didnt show the straight tip,s ?? which seems to be preferred ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the sound of the straight pipes on the 1800.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts