GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to try out the new board!
As I was strolling out of a rival motorcycle showroom recently, a hairy biker-dude asked sarcastically "Think you can do a wheelie with that thing"? I shouldn't have, but said "Naw, but I can probably turn the rear tire a little". I casually motored off, then momentarily lost my good sense and nailed it from about 5mph in first. The resulting fishtail left a somewhat longer streak in the showroom parking lot than the one I left in my shorts. I failed to take into consideration the recent resurfacing and the advanced wear of my tire. I didn't expect the tire to really break loose. I think I did a good job of acting like I had planned the maneuver. Usually I know better than to try to impress dorks, but what the heck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ya did good Sid

Well, that's one hairy biker dude who will have to come up with a new sarcastic remark to make to 1800 wingers.

If you'd a had fresh rubber and a seasoned asphalt/cement parking lot, you might have accidently shown him an 1800 wheelie. :mrgreen:

R 8) T

·
Registered
407 Posts
It probably wasn't the resurfacing or the condition of your tire. Given the location, there was probably a little extra lubrication on the pavement.

:wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts