GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Falken on 2008 ‘wing then back to MT and now almost done with a Kumho. Kumho seems less different compared to MT than the Falken

·
IronMan
17,634 Posts
Compared to mich - yoko - driveguard kumho sucks lol !! What till ya try others . Pirelli new one supposed to be better than most . Welcome back to the ds !

·
Registered
259 Posts
Compared to mich - yoko - driveguard kumho sucks lol !! What till ya try others . Pirelli new one supposed to be better than most . Welcome back to the ds !

That's funny how we all have different perceptions of the same tires.... I want to get rid of my Yokohama and go back to the Kumho but I can't find the Kumho size anymore.

Reactions: Monk

·
Registered
519 Posts
That's funny how we all have different perceptions of the same tires.... I want to get rid of my Yokohama and go back to the Kumho but I can't find the Kumho size anymore.
I know what you mean. And I absolutely love my Yokohama Envigor, but the only thing I got to compare it to is a MT which I loved the feel of as well. >:)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Good honest review. It appears he is not running a Run-Flat CT. I find there is no noticeable sidewall flex with a Run-Flat CT.
Then as far as balancing.... do like the guys with one of a kind machined custom wheels... go with balancing beads, or cenrtonic's.

:capwin:
Corventure Dave

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry if this us a newbie question but how does a ct compare to a mc in the canyons? Is it worth the increased milage for a trade off in performance?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Myself, I don't use a CT for more mileage. I use one for the Run-Flat feature ="safety". The increased traction under all conditions. The smoother ride, especially for her. The added safety of not having a tire that is overloaded when riding 2-up, like the stock motorcycle tire many times is.
The extra service miles is nice but not a priority.

As for performance in the mountains. I have experienced far superior traction and handling with the CT, especially riding solo when I tend to push much harder through the twisties!

7 years, Dark sider.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Myself, I don't use a CT for more mileage. I use one for the Run-Flat feature ="safety". The increased traction under all conditions. The smoother ride, especially for her. The added safety of not having a tire that is overloaded when riding 2-up, like the stock motorcycle tire many times is.
The extra service miles is nice but not a priority.

As for performance in the mountains. I have experienced far superior traction and handling with the CT, especially riding solo when I tend to push much harder through the twisties!

7 years, Dark sider.

Corventure Dave
Yep, there are several benefits, but if it were not for the Run Flat feature, I would not bother with a CT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts