GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got back yesterday from a week long ride down Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Man what a ride, saw ALOT of wild life and met some of the kindest people in the world. We found a small resturant in NC that had the best bisquits and gravy you ever had. Stayed at a couple of good camp grounds and one that was not so good. We went to Deals gap and rode the Dragon. The best part of the Deals Gap/Dragon was I got to meet Rick (Yellow Wolf). Rick is a man of few words but you can believe every word he says. I saw some video of him riding the Dragon all I can say is WOW!! Man can this guy ride.... :shock:

The food and people down that way are the best I have ever seen. I am looking forward to going again next year but staying longer this time. There is just way to much to see in one week, if anyone gets the chance to go on this ride go ahead and do it. You won't be sorry.

Pap

·
Registered
426 Posts
Can you share with us the campgrounds you stayed at and your impressions of them?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got off mile post marker 261 of the BRP and went towards West Jefferson. The little diner is on the right side just before a gas station on the left side. The diner isn't far from the park way. We turned left at the gas station and went on back that road a ways to the Greenville Camp Ground where we spent the night. The gravy was thisk and rich... lots of meat in it. The bisquits were light and fluffy, didn't feel like a lead ball in your stomach an hour later. Just the smell in this little diner was enough to drive me wild.

I told the lady running the diner that here bisquits and gravy was the best I ever had. She said Oh go on now there are better cooks than me out there. I said maybe but I haven't found them yet. If you get around this area make it a point to stop in and eat if you can.

Pap

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wife and I also made this trip last week, started in Cherokee. We had the gravy and bisquits at the resturant where the water wheel is on the BRP, pretty darn good brekfast had to stop there again on the way back. We also ate at Mt. Mitchell, wife got sick, so I wouldn't reccomend that place.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Try the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campgroung on highway 276 really nice check out their web site

1 - 6 of 6 Posts