GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or two ago, I started a thread asking about a trip I had planed for Colorado in late Sept. Well, I just got back, and wanted to say THANK YOU to all who pitched in with thoughts, suggestions, and comments. Because of all your insite, I was well prepared, (sp?), and had a fantastic time. Even hit snow in Silverton, and that just added to the fun.

Thanks again
Mack

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Mack, glad you enjoyed your visit to this beautiful state. The weather can be a challenge, and I am glad you were prepared. Come back and visit soon. Yesterday cool and cloudy, today, a perfect fall day. I love it here.

G

·
You have good timing. You missed the biggy!

This past week, more than 36 inches of snow fell in Silverton area. I don't think that would have been FUN on a bike :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WesternCO said:
You have good timing. You missed the biggy!

This past week, more than 36 inches of snow fell in Silverton area. I don't think that would have been FUN on a bike :)

Yes, timing is everything. When I was there, 2, maybe 3, inches in Silverton,,,, 5, maybe 6, inches on the pass. Roads were, (for the most part), clear, after spending the night there, and giving the road crews time to do their job. Enough snow to enjoy. Not enough to worry about having the bike air-lifted out. :)

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Glad you got to see some great country!
Hope you get to come out to the get together that Wingnutz is planning in July.
We didn't get to Ouray this last weekend cause of the snow :cry: but the weekend before we went through Aspen over Independence pass and soaked what ails us out at the hot springs in Glenwood Springs.

This is us at the Maroon Bells just South of Aspen.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Podo,

Thanks for posting that shot. I was at the Maroon Bells back in the 80s with the Honda V4 Sport Touring Association. We stayed at a Lodge in Aspen.

Thanks for bringing back fond memories.

Dep

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Yea, back in the 80s it was "cool" to drive around Aspen in yer ol' pick-up with yer cowboy hat on and the dog riding in the back. Now they'll stop you at the city limit and cite you for littering and causing harm to a furry human :shock:

Glad you enjoyed the shot and the memories! Come back this way some time.

And thanks for your service!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts