GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zackybilly1 and his friend John let me tag along on the last few miles of their ride to the TTT in Cedar City, UT. It was great meeting them and riding with 'em, always fun to ride with folks that (I flatter myself) ride like you do. As always southern Utah is beautiful. We rode up through Flagstaff and Page crossing over through Cedar Breaks, I came home through Las Vegas and then US93 to Phoenix and on to Tucson, mostly so I could stay on the Interstate in the early morning dark. The WX was great, with mild temps and only a splatter or two of rain. The only bummer was I had to return to Tucson this AM before most of the TTT folks showed up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was hoping to get a chance to meet you Bubba, I live up the road from Cedar City, a couple hundred miles, just outside Salt Lake City. I noticed the ttt on the trailer forumn about a week ago, and thought that it would be a great chance to meet many from here that I have followed and learned from about trailers for the last few years. I hope Tom and the Tailwind owners don't kick me out of here because I don't own a Tailwind! YET! I just arrived here at the Best Western about 4:00. Maybe I will get a chance to meet you somewhere later on down the road. Glad you were able to make the ride and return home safely.
Kelly Harris.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to get a chance to meet you Bubba, I live up the road from Cedar City, a couple hundred miles, just outside Salt Lake City. I noticed the ttt on the trailer forumn about a week ago, and thought that it would be a great chance to meet many from here that I have followed and learned from about trailers for the last few years. I hope Tom and the Tailwind owners don't kick me out of here because I don't own a Tailwind! YET! I just arrived here at the Best Western about 4:00. Maybe I will get a chance to meet you somewhere later on down the road. Glad you were able to make the ride and return home safely.
Kelly Harris.
Hey, if they let me show up, if only for a night, they will welcome anyone :). BTW, I have an Aluma as well, it's a great little trailer.

I ski bummed out of SLC in the early 70s, love the State but it sure has changed over the years.

·
Registered
419 Posts
So, that's who those two were that passed me in the Virgin River Gorge on I15 today just south of St George, Utah. Those guys were shredding those twisties and having a big time.

Sent from my Droid

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, that's who those two were that passed me in the Virgin River Gorge on I15 today just south of St George, Utah. Those guys were shredding those twisties and having a big time.

Sent from my Droid
If it was a couple of kinda red bikes, one pulling a Tailwind, you nailed 'em. They are a couple of hard riding dudes, ain't no moss growing on their north side :).

·
Registered
1,764 Posts

Sent from my Droid
Busted! We try to maintain 85 in the straights and 90 in the corners. That was one nice ride over to Vegas and back. I like the high-speed nature of the roads in the West. As it turned out...we were in training for a
honorary ride for Glockjock's abscence.

I wish I had my GoPro going in a series on canyon curves riding with Bubba1...the three of us were flying in a tight formation, rocked over in some good sweepers....it was almost "spiritual".

Z

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See you made it to SD, on to Wingstock?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
See you made it to SD, on to Wingstock?
Yea...we're going to ride around the Black Hills today and head toward Mitchell, SD this evening. Going to do an SS1000 (1200+miles to Woodstock).

As a side note, today we are going to be changing John's back wheel as it's starting to play out...makes it easier to justify hauling the spare. We are going to ease around until he can burn off some of his fuel to lay it on its side. Much better option for me than riding around trying to find a tire (of any brand) and waiting on someone to mount it. Last time we did that, we killed a day of riding. This time, it will be a 15 minute operation.

We've consumed many tanks of fuel since we saw you last and I'm pumping less to top off than he on almost every stop. We topped off in Cody and then pulled Cheif Joseph/Beartooth...next fuel stop, he pump 3/10's more than I did....and I ride faster than he does...

We'll keep you posted on our path of terror. BTW, my raccoon look is coming along just fine. Even with some goofing off & hanging out, we're still averaging about 800/day even with the mountain riding.

Z

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Zackybilly1 and his friend John let me tag along on the last few miles of their ride to the TTT in Cedar City, UT. It was great meeting them and riding with 'em, always fun to ride with folks that (I flatter myself) ride like you do. As always southern Utah is beautiful. We rode up through Flagstaff and Page crossing over through Cedar Breaks, I came home through Las Vegas and then US93 to Phoenix and on to Tucson, mostly so I could stay on the Interstate in the early morning dark. The WX was great, with mild temps and only a splatter or two of rain. The only bummer was I had to return to Tucson this AM before most of the TTT folks showed up.
You were close, did you ride Utah 12 from Bryce Canyon to Torrey? That's the best ride in southern Utah, IMHO

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yea...we're going to ride around the Black Hills today and head toward Mitchell, SD this evening. Going to do an SS1000 (1200+miles to Woodstock).

Z
OMG! those Crazy Mississippi Rednecks running around North America without Adult Supervision!
now just WHERE are you referring to when you say WOODSTOCK?
new york, Vermont?
you get this close, you better knock on the door skippy!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Cdog,

That would be Woodstock, GA.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294797&highlight=wingstock

http://www.wingstock.org/hotels/spwingstock-hotels/

Never have attended but I think it is going to involve lots of alcohol, wet T-shirt contests and dancing girls. BYOF (bring your own funnel).

There some good folks from this forum going so we figure we need to go to add some diversity.

Rode the Black Hill roads all day today. 37*F and misting rain. Feel like I've been on a roller-coaster all day.

Nursed the used-up tire today and changed it out this evening. Simple Simon. Hate to use up cargo space on something I don't need but when you do need it, it works out great.

Woodstock, GA (Atlanta area)...let's see, that's too far for a transplanted Yankee to ride to, I suppose. Trust me, if Bubba1 lived in the NE, he'd ride down in a heart-beat...all you'd have to say is BBQ. Bubba1 travels light but with a heavy hand.http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293720&page=2

Z

1 - 11 of 11 Posts