GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shadow 1 (Hal) and I just rolled in to Peterborough from our trip to the BB
Q. We continued on from Hendersonville and headed south to avoid the rain on Saturday, down to SC, and Georgia, and we didn't get a drop all day. We ended up in the northwest corner of the state and spent the night. From there we went back up to Tennessee over to Alabama, and into Missouri to Lamberts, home of the throwed roll, that was quite the experience. Spent the night in Sikeston. Left there and started the journey home, through Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania, back into New York and crossed the border at Buffalo, and arrived home here at 9 pm tonight. We did 3100 miles, and enjoyed every minute of it.
It was really great to meet everyone that we did, we have a unique membership. Hedo, CJS, Towmotor, Snoppy, Bash, Lewis, and many others, it was great to meet you, Hedo and CJ, thanks for the Coronas. A big thank you to Hal and all of his people for putting on the dinner, it was delicious.
Take care everyone, that was the last big ride for me for the year, it won't be too long now before the weather will make riding a day to day thing for us here in the Great White North.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Sounds like you all had a nice extended ride. Glad you made it back safe and sound. Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day in the Hendersonville area. We rode all day (after a couple of hours at the rally), and made it back to the hotel around 9:30.
The parking lot was all but empty. :cry:

Got caught up on my sleep then. :wink:

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Dave.
It was a real pleasure to meet you guys. Glad you had a good ride home and missed the rain. We're weren't quite so lucky, but it wasn't too bad. Great to talk with you all. See you next time.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Dave-

Sure enjoyed the conversation with you and 'Shadow Hal' in the parking lot. Looking forward to someday doing a ride up in your beautiful area.

Keep in touch.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
It was sure great seeing and meeting those that I never meet before. Hedo, I owe you a couple of Corona's, Buddy. Thanks again for the wobblies.(like I needed them)
Take care all.
Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
enjoyed the time we spent together and looking forward to the next meet. You are a great bunch of guys and super friends. Ride safe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts