GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 04 wing last year and bought an 08 Ultra Classic. Have not been happy with it and today around noon I am trading it on a new 09 with ABS. The HD is a nice bike, but the wing is a better fit for me. They have to order it so it will take about a week and a half. I feel like a little kid two weeks before Santa.

I have been on the board for about 5 years, but had to change my log in name when the server change took place.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this site. It really is a wealth of info.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Welcome back. You've made a decision that's best for you & that's a good thing. :doorag:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Been there done that

I know what you mean, I was on a BMW, went to a Goldwing Bike, just got my Goldwing Trike. Does it get any better than this!:thumbup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
What was the deal breaker for you with the Harley? I've heard of people buying Harley's before and switching back to their old brands.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
What was the deal breaker for you with the Harley? I've heard of people buying Harley's before and switching back to their old brands.
A year ago Feb. I traded My 04 Ultra in on my 05 Wing.
for me it was the 30 MPGs that was the killer. I really did like the bike except for the color. Don't really know why I bought that color.
It handled ok. Had enough power after I did the Big bore kit. The stereo was better. But when the tires on it started to wear, it really changed how the bike handled.
Not near as true on my wing. Both bikes are great , and I wish I could have kept them both.
I put about 40k on the Ultra and the only real work I did to it was replace the clutch.
Put 30k on the Wing and pulled the motor twice.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Choices

I've heard guys owning a 'Wing and then going to HD and switching back. Nothing too unusual. I think it's a personal choice and what people like and what they want.

I personally think for touring the 'Wing is a better deal financially speaking and when it comes to quality. The HD's are great, but dollar for dollar, you get so much more for your money and that's why I went with my Wing.

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
You have seen the light. The real darkside is in the cellar forum where it belongs:22yikes:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
bugsquawsher
Put 30k on the Wing and pulled the motor twice.
Isn't that a bit unusual? Other than a few late model transmissions, I haven't heard of many problems with the 1800 engine. What is the rest of the story?

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
bugsquawsher

Isn't that a bit unusual? Other than a few late model transmissions, I haven't heard of many problems with the 1800 engine. What is the rest of the story?
It was a bad practicle joke. Someone told him that was the only way to get at the air filter.

·
Registered
20,944 Posts
and here i thought this thread was going to b about car tires !

congratulations on the new wing :thumbup:

doesn't really make much difference to me what brand someone happens to choose, all motorcycles a great fun ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sold my 04 wing last year and bought an 08 Ultra Classic.
Did the same thing. I sold my Valkyrie and bought an 08 HD Heritage Classic, thinking that I could turn it into a real touring bike. It just didn't have the power I was used to and, what was worse, the wife never could get comfortable on it despite going through several aftermarket seats. So now we're enjoying our 09 Wing and although I took a bath on the deal, we're comfortable and feel like we have a dependable touring bike. I certainly don't regret making the change.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
and here i thought this thread was going to b about car tires !

congratulations on the new wing :thumbup:

doesn't really make much difference to me what brand someone happens to choose, all motorcycles a great fun ! :thumbup:
Yes there are a few on here that wants to see something bad on C/Ts to back up there beliefs.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Cant say i have had the honor of trying both bikes. i guess i will never know as i will stay with the wing till i die

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I really get a Kick out of the HD and CT Haters. It cracks me up that someone that Has NO Clue can have anything to say about something that have never tried. All they run on is rumors and hearsay. They Are too scared or what ever to actually try something and come up with an informed Opinion.
Gotta love the uninformed. They are funny. Spouting off facts that aren't even facts , Just Opinions. The cool part about opinions. Everyone has one, Kinda Like a$$holes. Problem is Like a$$holes , They all stink . HAHAHAHa
Keep it up, I'm lovin it.
Just like the ones that think a Ford , Chevy or Dodge is better than the other. I like them all.
Now lets talk about Crush washers. Mines got 48000 miles on it. :D
Oh yea, I run mobile one to 8000 miles. Damn if I can find a leak.
But I will start changing oil earlier. Found it shifts better with fresh oil. See. I tried it to find out if the oil would really run the 15k as advertised on the bottle. Maybe in an Cage without a clutch in the system.
So all you haters out there. Why don't you try it , then form an opinion. :lol:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I really get a Kick out of the HD and CT Haters. It cracks me up that someone that Has NO Clue can have anything to say about something that have never tried. All they run on is rumors and hearsay. They Are too scared or what ever to actually try something and come up with an informed Opinion.
Gotta love the uninformed. They are funny. Spouting off facts that aren't even facts , Just Opinions. The cool part about opinions. Everyone has one, Kinda Like a$$holes. Problem is Like a$$holes , They all stink . HAHAHAHa
Keep it up, I'm lovin it.
Just like the ones that think a Ford , Chevy or Dodge is better than the other. I like them all.
Now lets talk about Crush washers. Mines got 48000 miles on it. :D
Oh yea, I run mobile one to 8000 miles. Damn if I can find a leak.
But I will start changing oil earlier. Found it shifts better with fresh oil. See. I tried it to find out if the oil would really run the 15k as advertised on the bottle. Maybe in an Cage without a clutch in the system.
So all you haters out there. Why don't you try it , then form an opinion. :lol:
So if I read this right, your opinion is the only one that counts and everyone else is an a$$hole. I don't know what you're smokin, but from the way you're rambling around in your post, it must be some pretty good sheet!!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I just don't know what to think about anything that I haven't tried, that's why I don't know what to think about
anything that I haven't tried.
We only have 10000 miles on our BEAUTIFUL 08 wing and the only problem we have had so far is the rear tire developed a seperation, that caused the seperation of the tire from the rim in my shop. Boy isn't that a job to break the bead, then get the replace the second bead over the rim!!
I haven't noticed any of wobbles and whining that others post about, maybe it has something to do with my lack of hearing and nerve problems....:joke:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts