GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So I ended up staying at the Microtel in Robbinsville. Got a free upgrade to a room with 2 queen size beds because of a rattling a/c unit in the room I had booked. Nice accomodations in a simple way - just what I wanted at this time. Actually stayed in two other Microtels on the way down and when coming back. Those were newer and a bit better but all were good. Certainly would go back. Only thing is that I was really looking forward to a tall cool one at the end of a long hot day of riding just to find out that Robbinsville is a 'dry town' - never heard of that before. Can't say I would agree with something like that but like they say: Different Folks - Different Strokes. I tell you though, when I got home my SO greeted me with an ice cold beer in her hand and dang!, it sure tasted great!!! It has nothing to do with getting drunk - I just enjoy the taste of a couple cold ones especially under those circumstances.

I had a fantastic trip though and would go back in a heartbeat if time allows it.

Thank you again for the recommendations ;)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Glad to hear that you are home and had a safe trip...enjoy the "cold ones" and plan the next ride.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I enjoy a cold one and a good cigar at the end of a great day of riding. I don't smoke any other time, just after a good riding day.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Better take it with you if you visit the Jack Daniels Distillery as well, it's in a dry county. Take you on a tour of the place and only give you Countrytime lemonade at the end. Shucks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Next time stop at Gracey Manor Motel in Bryson City. Nice place to stay and they will offer you a cold one when you check in after a long hard day of riding.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
<...>Actually stayed in two other Microtels on the way down and when coming back. Those were newer and a bit better but all were good. Certainly would go back.
Microtel is part of the Wyndham group...which also includes Super 8, and many other brands.

Had the chance to stay in a Microtel for the first time in Euless, TX and again in El Paso on our trip in June. Nice places; would stay there again.

I've collected quite a bit of rewards points from that outfit. Our next trip should have two or three nights free from the program. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts