GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check in here to let us know you made it home OK.

Also, feel free to comment on Hal's BBQ, the Rally, the RRI Parties, the riding, and anything else you want.

I had a great time meeting everyone at WOTS and taking in the vendor area. I even got myself the wingsoft upgrade to the stock seat and will give a report on it when I get a few thousand miles on it. Seems I can't go to a rally without spending a couple of hundred bucks, but the stock seat wasn't doing it for me anymore.

I also enjoyed Hal's BBQ, meeting Hal, Lamont, and bunch of HDL folks, and the GL1800 rider's group there.

The RRI Parties were a great chance to put faces to names and show off the latest gadgets we had added to our bikes. YW's appearance on Thursday night, with his camera set-up, and meeting Sheila Winnie on Friday night were especially cool.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Darn it! You're another one I missed. It's amazing how many people can be in a small (almost confined) area and not meet or see each other. Glad you made a safe trip. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Made it home safe not even one close call, came home Saturday the weather didn't look to good in Carolina for Sunday. Really enjoyed the BBQ and the party at RRI. It is so nice to meet the people that post here and come join us in the chat room if you get a chance.

Thanks Hal and Lamont for the hospitality

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I too got the Wingsoft seat upgrade at WOTS and after riding home a couple hundred miles I really like it.
The Weather Channel web site failed as usual, I'm done with that. I got up at 4am and it was raining at my house. I logged on to weather.com and the doppler showed clear from my house to WOTS!
I then logged on to noaa.gov and sure enough the rain showed at both my house and further up into S.C and N.C.
I headed out in Frogg Toggs and sure enough hit fairly heavy rain in the S.C. mtns, thanks to NOAA I knew it wouldn't last long and it didn't. Had a good day/ride, I saw ArnButt and his wife Mirtes and hope to see them again at Wingstock.

Steve

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
I am still in Hendersonville, rode about 320 miles yesterday. Not sure about today with all the rain if I will get any riding in :?
With all the rain and flooding in KY. hubby and I thought it would probably be safer to wait until Monday until I head home. It was fun meeting everyone .
Thanks Hal and Lamont

·
Registered
173 Posts
I made it back, had a great time. I got a call from dicepilot this morning and he had a mishap up north of Asheville yesterday. He has about 30 stitches above one eye and his right leg is banged up. The bike sounds like it is a total loss. I am sure one of the other riders that was with him can give more details.
Glad to hear you are going to be ok George.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Amity and I are back home safe and sound and both of of are better people for having met and socialized with many of the great people on this board. It is my honor to have seen some of you again met some of you for the first time.
:chat: :clap2:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Got a call from the birthday boy (Wayne Seminick) Saturday afternoon. One of us went down on a ride Saturday in NC. May have been the Mormon, but not sure. Bike is bad, but driver has a few cuts, but nothing broken. Wayne called from the Asheville ER. The hurt bikers wife was coming up from Alabama to pick him up and take him home. Bike went to Forest City Honda courtesy HRCA.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got back to New Castle, Indiana Saturday evening after a 1260 mile round trip to WOTS. Thank you to Hal and the HDL group for hosting another great BBQ. OK, now for the NORTH CAROLINA NO HELP AWARD. One of our two wheelers in our group of ten bikes got a rear flat on our way down to the Smokies. We plugged and aired it up, but were not wanting to trust a plugged tire on the beautiful twisties of North Carolina. We looked in the Gold Book and found a so called Honda dealer in Waynesville N.C. They had the tire and some mechanics were sitting in the showroom but they said they didn't have time to replace a flat. We had to cancel our annual Sunrise in the Smokies ride so he could get a tire from Gary Verhulst the next morning at the rally. We found all others in North Carolina to be very helpful and hospitable in welcoming guests to their beautiful state. Too bad about the wet weather but we hope everyone else had a good time and a safe trip home.

CW

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got home about 1 PM (Monroe NC) Put on all my
rain gear before leaving Hendersonville as Yahoo
weather said it was going to rain this morning and storm this afternoon. Well as soon as I got down off
the mountain the sun came out the temp went to 85
degrees and I roasted all the way home. I still have not sen any rain today.
I had a great time at the BBQ, I met Hedo and CJS
they are both great guys. That black 1800 of Hedo's
looks even better seeing it in person.
Had a very good ride yesterday. Ate lunch in Chimney Rock at a place called Genny's that was great. Rt. 191 from the BRP to Enka would have been a great ride if about half of in had not been wet.

Ronnie

·
Registered
101 Posts
I made it home safe. I had one close call way up north on the Blue Ridge Parkway. A Black Bear decided to cross the road at full stride just as I got to it. It missed the trailer by inches so I was lucky that I never had a chance to hit the brakes. My thanks to Hal and the gang for a great barbeque.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I made it home safe just a little while ago, just as the Bengals were beating the steelers.

Get well Dice and nice to see you again.

Good to finally meet TJ Shelton as well, not to mention the others who are too numerous to mention.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Home safe ( and dry !! ). CJ and I got DUMPED on leaving Knoxville and all the way up to Lexington.

Sure was great to see everyone again, and meet new friends.

Damn, Dice!!!! Get well soon my friend!!!!! I'll be thinking of you.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wife and I got home Yesterday. Left on Saturday because of rain coming on Sunday. Got to finally meet up with Hedo, CJ, and Jan. Had a Corona with Hedo. Hope you all made it home safe and sound. We picked up a new F4 windsheild and a new Bushtec Trailer while at WOTs. Both preformed great on the drive home.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I made it home safe this afternoon. George (Dicepilot) is doing ok and will give everyone a report on his condition shortly. It was great to see everyone again and to be able to make some new friends.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Got in last night at 0200 after leaving Asheville at 1700.
I'm sure you'll get the full story about the Saturday's incident soon. We all decided to let him post about it.
This was another great GL1800riders.com event. I enjoyed getting to see old friends and meet a few new ones. Had a great ride on Friday with 8 bikes on the road. Everyone had fun despite the wet road conditions. The BBQ and RRI lot meetings were spent tire kicking and BSing and were interesting as always. It was unanimously decided that I need to come up with a shorter name. As I said to a few of you there I never thought I would need to introduce myself as GL1800GSXR1000. When I signed up for the board it was only to learn about the bike and share stories with strangers. Some very good friendships have been made through this board. I haven't meet anyone in person that I didn't like. I'm younger than most but our common interests bond us. I appreciate that you guys let me feel like I fit in this group for the most part.
There is a lot of diverity on this board and it shows at the events when we meet face to face. Its awesome to have friends all over the country that are just genuinely nice people. Some of the attitudes that the different motorcyclists groups have are not so nice to deal with. This group is made up of the very best people. Until next time ride safe my friends.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I left SC at 4pm Sat. and arrived in NY safe and sound at 4pm Sun. Had rain from mm2 in Penn. till I got into New York.

Great to see all my friends. Had a great time,even with my shirt on.

Thanks to all,
Glenn

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
tjshelton, Really sorry I missed you. I did get to meet some more of the board members myself. It was great and alot of fun,

Dice, You get yourself healed up quickly.

I rode back with Red Willy and Steve L. We also got a little wet. I made it home in just over ten hours.

It was a great four+ days on the road. Just a little over 1700 total miles. The folks in NC really have some pretty roads and great scenery.

Thank you Hal and staff for a great supper. It was really fun.

Now on to Wisconsin Dells and then down to Harrison....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts