GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you noticed (and e-mailed me) that I have been gone from the board for the past couple of weeks. Well, I'm back!!!

Friends flew in from FL and ND and we drove down to Zion National Park (I'm doing better every day from the surgery in December, but they helped with the driving) where we were met by two other couples (another one from FL and one from CA). We spent four nights at the lodge in the park and it was just awesome. Winter rates include a full breakfast in the lodge restaurant (very good for both breakfast and dinner) and are significantly less than the summer rate. Well, although Zion is beautiful in the summer, I have decided that it is even better in the winter. VERY FEW people, about 50 during the day in the canyon (colder on top), and lots of animals to see. Deer, turkey, Bald Eagles, and even rarely-seen Big Horn Sheep. We were able to do some good hiking (I kept mine to about 1-mile round trips and stayed away from the ice). No TV in the rooms, but who needed it with the fantastic scenery and good friends (we even played dominoes on a table in the lobby).

After Zion the eight of us went down to Vegas for three nights at the new Aladdin. Great time there with both the slots and blackjack -- even came home with a little more money than I had when I arrived in Vegas -- very unusual.

So, I hope to be a little more active on the old board over the coming weeks. Back to the surgeon on March 1st and hope to get clearance for more activities and for getting back on the Valk and Wing.

Here are a couple of photos from our stay in Zion:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
what was really unusal about the zion park was the half round mark in the canyon wall way up there. and then after a steep drive your looking down on the floor of the canyon from that little half round window in the tunnel. wow what a view.

loren

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Dave,

Welcome back. You were missed. Hey ain't you havin a Bday pretty soon.

I love that picture of the stream with the fog and all. That must have been gorgeous at sunrise.

Glad your mending continues.

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep

Dawg, yep, I had a b'day last Sunday, Feb 1st. The big double nickel. My friends helped me celebrate in Zion. While down in Vegas I saw several folks on bikes and wished I had mine (and could ride mine). Traffic in Vegas has gotten like all big cities, but you don't have to go far to get into some nice country. Hope to hit some of that in late April when we go down to the Laughlin River Run.

Thanks to all for the kinds words on healing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts