GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a great trip love the blog, what are you going for after selling the wing ?

Johng
www.jonkaz.net
I am going to test ride the new BMW GTL 1600 and the new 2012 Goldwing. I am leaning toward a new 2012 Wing just because I am comfortable with the reliability. Not crazy about the 2012 styling though.

·
Registered
718 Posts
They say the 2012 is lot different when you see it in person we will not get to see them for some time as I think there is a backlog of 2010 2011 in this country

Good luck which ever way you go

Johng

·
Registered
718 Posts
Here in Australia we are always 1 year behind you guys bike manufactured in 2010 sells here as a 2011 sorry to confuse you. So what I meant was 2009 and 2010 stock still have not sold I believe there are about 250 gold wings to be sold before the new version will come to Australia and in a market like us we will not see the new model until 2013, so then then sell them as 2013

Hope that makes sence

Johng
www.jonkaz.net

·
Registered
686 Posts
Here in Australia we are always 1 year behind you guys bike manufactured in 2010 sells here as a 2011 sorry to confuse you. So what I meant was 2009 and 2010 stock still have not sold I believe there are about 250 gold wings to be sold before the new version will come to Australia and in a market like us we will not see the new model until 2013, so then then sell them as 2013

Hope that makes sence

Johng
www.jonkaz.net
So, is there an International [Model] Year Line, too? :joke:

(Hey. In case there's a question, one of the big regrets I had from my teen years was coming in **2nd** for living overseas as an exchange student for one school year, with a family in Australia)

·
Registered
267 Posts

Hope that makes sence

Johng
www.jonkaz.net
Johng,
Spent 9 months in your city, what a nice city. I loved those meals at lambs on Lygon street.

·
Registered
718 Posts
So, is there an International [Model] Year Line, too? :joke:

(Hey. In case there's a question, one of the big regrets I had from my teen years was coming in **2nd** for living overseas as an exchange student for one school year, with a family in Australia)
Johng,
Spent 9 months in your city, what a nice city. I loved those meals at lambs on Lygon street.

Not meaning to hijack this thread sorry cruiseman

Daylight thats the way it is for us - maybe we can continue this on the Australia board

Boppo

Yes i am not far from lygon street lovely place to eat.

Sorry cruiseman i went back and had a good read of your blog its raining here and in the midle of winter so makes the day go faster.

Johng

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is it possible that the smoke from my smoker made you hungary when you came through Durant Okla.?I had some babybacks comeing off at about 11 am. I live about 1 1/2 miles off 75. Ditchdigger

·
Vendor
18,609 Posts
IL saw the 2012 in person, If I could I would buy one. The pictures do not do any justice to the 2012.
Did you see the glove box. Gotta really love the way that works. Engine off, handle bars straight, key in glove box lock and twist, open glove box towards you just to have it fall into your lap. Did you get the towards you part .... not away from you!!! Carefull not to scratch the paint as the cover falls off. They should have put a sticker across the top "not intended to be used."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts