GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the last minute I decided to haul down to Georgia for Wingstock.

I left at 0640 hrs on Friday in rain and 35 F temps but the Wing has great protection. 50 F by Detroit and 60 F by Cincinatti. Only the first hour had rain and it was a nice ride. Stopped in Knoxville figuring to do the last few miles in the morning.

I haven't had a CB since I sold my 1500 9 years ago and a half hour of listening to truckers babble was enough to turn it off. Came in handy when there was a major accident and I75 shut down in North Georgia. Within 1 minute of turning it on, I was off the highway and routed around.

Had trouble finding folks when I arrived as they were all out riding and the GPS routed me to the wrong road when I tried to go to Traxxion. Did end up following a guy from Nebraska out for dinner. Met a few people, had dinner, talk to Sheila about her ride, and a couple of Iron Butt Rally people.

Got up at 0400 hrs to a NOT predicted thunderstrom so I didn't leave until 0600 hrs. Again a little rain but mostly a beautiful day. Was over 70 F from Knoxville all the way to Detroit. Sun went down and it cooled off to 45. The bike odo says it was 1000 miles but I know it's lying. Really about 960. 17 hrs including 2 sit down meals.

I must say I75 is in much better shape than it used to be. I generally avoid it but was pleasantly surprised how much new pavement there was, especially heading south and in the cities.

I've put about 6k miles on this Wing since I got it last month and this ride confirms what I was thinking. I've had a number of bikes in the last 10 years but for knocking off long days in comfort you can't beat a Wing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for coming. Did we meet there;
No we didn't meet. I knew which person you were when you won the ball cap but I'm such a shy retiring guy I didn't speak <Vbg>.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts