GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5 weeks of being unable to ride I have finally started to take short minimal traffic rides. I had a knee replaced and I am finally able to start ridding again. I had a set back and basically lost the first two weeks of therapy, so I have been behind the 8 ball ever since.

The knee is still swollen more than normal but it is getting more flexible and stronger all the time now so I am hopefull that I will be ridding full time again soon.

You shoud have seen the enormous smile on my face on my first ride, only lasted 10 miles, just a test to see how everything would go. Being from Wisconsin I store the bike in winter so I only had a couple thousand miles on it this year when I went in for knee surgery.

I try to get a ride in every day now even though they are short rides, they keep me smiling. :p

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
.... Being from Wisconsin I store the bike in winter so I only had a couple thousand miles on it this year when I went in for knee surgery.

I try to get a ride in every day now even though they are short rides, they keep me smiling. :p
Just for that reason, I scheduled my surgery for the winter. I had major complications and I was into summer before I was riding.

Glad you got out. I don't know how good it is for the knee, but I can tell you it does wonders for the soul. :yes1:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery and congrats on getting out for a ride, even if they are short ones!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The knee is healed enough that I can be up and on it for short time periods, and can bear full weight, so no harm done as long as I keep it short and dont over do it.

Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I had my left knee replaced in December of 2008 and was riding pain free by the time riding season rolled around. Good for you, the bike is probably the best therapy you will have.

Enjoy your new knee and ride like the wind.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
We always enjoy hearing about folks getting back riding after (whatever). Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just for that reason, I scheduled my surgery for the winter. I had major complications and I was into summer before I was riding.

Glad you got out. I don't know how good it is for the knee, but I can tell you it does wonders for the soul. :yes1:
Unfortunately there was no waiting in my case. Could no longer work a full shift so I had no choice. I was planning on getting it done in the winter, but it simply would not wait. Its all good now though, getting better all the time.:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts