GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see I have a dark spot on my handle bar comtrols of my 2006 around the reverse switch. I was wondering what I will need to correct the problem, ie bulbs from Honda or locally available. Do they solder in or push in, does the inside parts of the controls fly out and have to be repacked when they are opened up?

·
Registered
185 Posts
They are OEM bulbs you need from Honda. The bulbs are pre soldered onto a wire that you plug in. Take your time pulling it apart as there are a lot of pieces to remove to get at it. Pictures will help if your memory is like mine.
Removing the handlebar from the triple tree will help in sliding the throttle off so you can get it apart. There are several bulbs in there and it seems every one has a different length wire so make sure you order the right one.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done my research and it seems I am in need of a p/n 35139-MCA-A20 Bulb. I will order this before I pull it apart.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
If you have the extended warranty... it's fully covered. They've replaced my 06's twice and are about to replace my 07's

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have done my research and it seems I am in need of a p/n 35139-MCA-A20 Bulb. I will order this before I pull it apart.
If you have one bulb out... the general consensus is that the others may soon fail. May as well order and replace them all since you will have the controls apart anyway.

Keep the ones that you pull out that are still working as spares. :)

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts