GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am going to install the Wig Wag version of Brake Alert in an 06 1800 Goldwing.

Where is the best mounting position for the controle module?

Is this unit a plug and play, or have to be hard wired?

Anyone else had any problems installing it?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks..

·
Registered
378 Posts
I installed mine under the inner trunk liner,,used the standard "Walmart" splicers. Some of the other folks say under the seat is better. Took about 20 minutes total for mine.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I tried to install the Wig Wag by Signal Dynamics on my 06 GoldWing and had problems. It did not work as advertised and I was told by their customer service that it was designed to be used with LED bulbs but a revised unit was coming that would work with standard bulbs. I have read other post that indicated that they were able to install the Wig Wag but that was not the case for me. They exchanged my Wig Wag with a BackOff XP brake light signal module that I wired to my spoiler and have been satisfied with it. The Wig Wag is not plug & play. You must do some cutting, splicing, soldering/crimping to install it. All this can be done underneath the rear fender where the wiring harness is located. The module is maybe the size of a pack of cigarettes so it will fit there very easily.
Ride Safe
Ken

Sorry I just re-read you post and saw that you were refering to a Wig Wag from Brake Alert. I have had no experience with theirs. I did not realize that there were two different Wig Wags out there.
Ken

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: "Back-Off" Brake Alert Wig Wag Installation...

Basspro said:
Am going to install the Wig Wag version of Brake Alert in an 06 1800 Goldwing.
I've not heard of that Wig Wag, although I am intimately familiar with Signal Dynamics version:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts