GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has used this one instead of the Kisan. It looks like anyone can install it, just two wires that cut into the main brake line. Is this safe for the electrical, I think the added visibility is great for a safety factor but I am cautious about mucking with the electrical. Input please :roll:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
BACK OFF

I have the back off it gives you several choices of flash patterns simple to install.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I used hitachi connectors to add the basic signal dynamics modulator to my spoiler and it works great :D

G

·
I had the back off modulator on my bike for a couple of years, worked great. Added a trailer and my brake lights quit working. Took out the modulator and they work fine now. Not sure the modulator will handle the load. Just an FYI

G

·
I also had the Back Off and it worked good until I added a trailer. Had to remove it for the brake lites to work with the trailer.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
mine would not work with the trailer either. I gave it away :tools1:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Since I pull a trailer 90% of the time, I installed the tail light modulator in the trailer to flash the trailers brake lights. My 1800 has a modulated spoiler. This combination works for me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wired the Back-off modulator to work only the upper trunk lights. When the trailer is hooked up the trailer and lower lights are on solid and the upper lights flash. Also have the trunk wing flash with a modulator. Very visible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts