GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one? Want to add the flashing function to the brake light in my spoiler, but see two choices from signal dynamics on Hal's site...a Back Off, and Back Off XP.

What is the difference? Which one works for the spoiler lite?

Putting together my list for the sale, need advice please!!

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Rob,
I have the Signal Dynamics Wig-Wag flasher on my bike (trunk lights only)and it really draws attention, which was what I was after. Some contend that modulators confuse others etc. and that could be, I do know that they now see me and thats what I wanted. Go to the Signal Dynamics site for more accurate information on their different flasher models. I think that some models are recommended over others for their increased load carring capacity i.e.: multiple versus single brakelights. Pros: affordable, demands attention
Cons: not plug and play so it involves wire splicing, poor instruction sheets, the Wig-Wag model at least has a fairly extensive installation process.
Terry

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The base model of the BACKOFF, the non wig wag version, is a very easy install. It flashes all the brake lights but I don't have a spoiler so can't tell you about that. It will take longer to remove and reinstall the seat than it takes to install the module.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
hp0617 said:
Kisan Tailblazer
Ditto. I have this - flashes the spoiler light only. That's the way I like it. 8) Plugs in - no cut wires - unless you want the spoiler light to be a tail light as well and then you have to splice in to one wire (I didn't do that).

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I want the one that flashes real fast about four-five times and then stays on until I release the brakes, not continued flashing...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like it's gonna be the Kisan 25LEDD, as it's plug and play (splicing wires is just asking for trouble, IMHO), and it also can make the spoiler a running light.
Now for the rest of the list... :lol:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Rob(in S.C.) said:
Looks like it's gonna be the Kisan 25LEDD, as it's plug and play (splicing wires is just asking for trouble, IMHO), and it also can make the spoiler a running light.
Now for the rest of the list... :lol:
You probably made a good decision, it's good to know your limits. Simplicity can be a good thing especially on installations. Terry

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Rob(in S.C.) said:
Looks like it's gonna be the Kisan 25LEDD, as it's plug and play (splicing wires is just asking for trouble, :
\

You got that right - I installed the wig wag - I like it but the install was a pain and somehow I clipped something off I shouldn't have and $165 later I got that fixed at the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts