GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Wig Wag: #1009 on their 2007 GL1800? I contacted Signal Dynamics since the 2007 only has one brake light on either side of the trunk. They said it will work but I can't get any kind of pattern with the orange wire connected. Thats the one for back and forth, together then constant on. When I switch to the red wire, the alternate flashing patten that keeps flashing, it works fine. I'm wondering if the unit is bad or the single light pattern on the 2007 has some impact on the unit amperage so it won't work in the constant on mode. I also checked the voltage from the orange wire combination, and there is no pulsating 12v like the red wire has.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Sounds like your unit is defective. I was running all four of my trunk lights until recently and it worked fine. Call Signal Dynamics and ask to exchange it.

They exchanged mine even though I'm probably the one that blew it up, but that's another story...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use a really neat flasher from airrider.com or airider.com

On my 2006 GL1800 it wig wags all four rear lights in a up-down pattern and then flashes wig-wag side to side all in 4 seconds.

Works great and can really get attention, the wiring was difficult for me and not in the install manual. Maybe because I have an ABS bike.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I also had one out of the box that didn't work correctly and had to be replaced. Not a fun job. I am beggining to wonder about the reliability of these things, as I have seen other posts of defective units. Time will tell I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts