GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This subject has probably been flogged. But here goes . I have a wigwag unit that I want to fit. Asked dealer to fit it but the were unable, due to labor intensive job. $40 unit would have cost an arm.

Does anyone here have instructions how to fit this properly?

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
I ordered a wig wag,and will install to trunk lights only,which looks simple on the instuctions at there web site. I pull a trailer,and installing it this way won't affect the trailer lights.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
10003hd said:
I ordered a wig wag,and will install to trunk lights only,which looks simple on the instuctions at there web site. I pull a trailer,and installing it this way won't affect the trailer lights.
It's not simple like it is on their website. Read the instruction in the thread I posted earlier. It should take about an hour... Took me about 2 really really taking my time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Fuse, the instrutions I saw were different than the ones you show. You would not have to take the seat off,only open the truck to spice in to the brake wires. I will try to find a link for you. Regards Mark

G

·
I just had one installed by JBJ Cycles (Santa Ana, CA), and it took them less than 1/2 hour, and they soldered all the connections! I learned about them on this forum, after 3 techs at the dealership spent hours scratching their heads and never figured out how to install the thing. JBJ Cycles is my shop for life. These guys really know the Wing (they ride Wings themselves), work efficiently and are just good people. Although you certainly can't take your Wing to them (unless you want to do a transcontinental ride), you might profit by giving them a call and asking for a little help. I don't know if free telephone help is their thing, but it's worth a try. Their number is: Phone (714) 836-8584 and Fax (714) 836-8558. Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just installed the WigWag on my '06. Used the instructions referenced above including removing the seat. Instructions were good but somewhere along the line in '06 Honda changed the wire loom and there are no longer 2 wires to each of the trunk brake lights. If you are looking for the exact wire config as in the photo's it is not the same.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
MrBaggins06801 said:
This subject has probably been flogged. But here goes . I have a wigwag unit that I want to fit. Asked dealer to fit it but the were unable, due to labor intensive job. $40 unit would have cost an arm.

Does anyone here have instructions how to fit this properly?

Thanks
What year is your bike???

I looked at the instructions posted above before I installed mine and thought they were way too complex for this simple install. Why would you put an unserviceable unit under the seat so that it's easy to get to? Doesn't make sense to me. Plus all that extra wiring. :roll:

I've PM'd you my instructions, but if your bike is an 06/07 the wiring will be a bit different... you'll have less because only one set of trunk lights are brake lights. 2005 and below, both sets of trunk lights are brake lights. In the instructions you'll see that I only hooked up one set of lights to the Wig-Wag.

Have fun.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wig Wag all set

Thanks to all for the advice and links... Wig wag is set, top lights and works like a charm. Very Eyecatching!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts