GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New member and new Goldwing owner. I have owned a few bikes over the years. Sold my ST1100 about 10 years ago, and really wanted to get back into riding.

Decided some time ago that I wanted a Goldwing, and finally pulled the trigger on a red 2021 GW Tour DCT a couple of weeks ago. It is currently waiting for a replacement seat (original was scratched from sitting in the showroom - those seat scratches DO NOT come out.)

Looking forward to learning from the group and hope to be able to contribute as well.

Regards,
Vector

·
Premium Member
2003 GL1800
1,952 Posts
Welcome from the Eastern side of Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Already ordered orange cones to make my own practice exercises. I found a site (MOTORCYCLE CONE PATTERNS) that has a ton of practice and competition patterns shown. Looks like fun to get fully up to speed on the GW and then keeping my skills sharp.

Regards,
Vector

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Already ordered orange cones to make my own practice exercises.
Welcome back. I was out for over 12 years, it's a great feeling.
Good on you for getting cones and working on your skills. Took me about four months to get confident again.

May I suggest you consider taking the MSF Experienced RiderCourse? Really helped with having a coach see where my skills were strong and where they were weak. Plus, rider training in the day was weak or nonexistent. I learned quite a few things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts