GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's how it went:

2009 Victory Vision (too topheavy with wife on back)
2012 Goldwing
2006 KT1200GT
Back to the same Victory Vision, believe it or not
2012 CanAm Spyder RT Limited

Finally gave up and just bought a Gold '06 'Wing ComfNavi with 10K miles, new rubber and a fresh tuneup.
I could have saved myself some thrashing and a few kilobucks... :tongue:

Thinking about trying out a MadStad windscreen. At 6'3" with a long upper body, I sit too tall for
the stock screen. I've had Cee Bailey on other bikes, but as soon as I hear good things from
someone that has tested one on a 'Wing, I'll probably invest. Otherwise, I just spent $20 on a
keyblank... :shock:

--jim
Spokane, WA

goldwing.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow, I haven't made it to my first Gold Wing yet, hopefully next year. I was also thinking about a Can Am Spyder but I think that will wait several more years. However, anybody thinking about a Can AM should look at 2014 Models and now up, they changed the suspension to handle better, sort of lean bike like and they finally put in a bigger engine on certain models from 998 cc to 1330 cc. Anyway, I plan on test riding it, the Gold Wing 1800 and F6B this year sometime but still want a FULL SIZED Wing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Cruiseman.

Workharddieproud, my experience with the 2012 RT Limited was that it didn't have enough torque in the bottom end for an automatic, the front suspension was far too soft and twisties required both "muscling" the steering and fighting to keep my body weight to the inside of the corner, since cornering forces pulled it to the outside. It sounds like they're definitely moving the right way with the 2014's. The 2012 as ridden in a straight line was every bit as smooth as a 'Wing, with better stock air protection. I doubt I'll drop 30+ kilobucks for another one any time soon, but in my mind as least the more competition for the 'Wing, the better the 'Wing. (at least we can hope eventually...)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Glad to see you're back on a Wing audioguy. I've ridden a Vision and I thought it was OK, but would never consider one over a Wing. Used to ride with a guy that had a 1200GT but never rode it, he refused to do a swap for a spin...WTH? Spyder? No way; BRP gets enogh of my money through tax concessions and other Gov't handouts LOL

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Back

WELCOME home. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Wow, I haven't made it to my first Gold Wing yet, hopefully next year. I was also thinking about a Can Am Spyder but I think that will wait several more years. However, anybody thinking about a Can AM should look at 2014 Models and now up, they changed the suspension to handle better, sort of lean bike like and they finally put in a bigger engine on certain models from 998 cc to 1330 cc. Anyway, I plan on test riding it, the Gold Wing 1800 and F6B this year sometime but still want a FULL SIZED Wing.
WARNING...Be aware, CanAm spare parts are not readily available and qualified repairmen are even harder to find!!! I know, I repaired my brothers..throttle body servo motor was burnt...$900 for new throttle body...couldn't buy just the servo motor...

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Welcome back!:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts