GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a B'stone runflat Driveguard CT on my F6B for around 12K miles. I didn't have any real issues with it ... other than it followed the contours of the road somewhat. And, it didn't seem to corner as well when I rode the bike hard on twisty roads. Obviously, it took more input when cornering.

But, that was all OK ...

But, since I bought my 2018 GW non-tour, I liked the size of the rear tire on this bike. Decided to try it on the F6B. 200 sized tire works well on the bike! It rides quite nicely ... better than the CT. I like the look of the tire, too. It has a larger cross section than the CT ... fat tire! Speedo is pretty much true to the GPS speed, too. And, it doesn't follow the crowns, contours, or ruts in the road like the CT.

I'm glad I made the switch back. Yes, there were advantages in the run flat tire ... and, it looked like new after 12K miles! Much cheaper than the MC tire, too. But, all in all .... the MC tire on the F6B works for me. :)

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Ride what works for you, glad that 1833 tire fits your F6 and your handling preferences. But it is not a runflat, my number 1, and almost only reason, for using a CT.

·
Registered
702 Posts
--

I was almost killed in a crash with a rear blowout on a m.c. tire. I vowed after that that if available, in the future, I would always choose a run flat. Important to me.

--

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
--

I was almost killed in a crash with a rear blowout on a m.c. tire. I vowed after that that if available, in the future, I would always choose a run flat. Important to me.

--
I understand. We all make decisions that effect our fate everyday. And, altho I liked the CT on the bikes, I decided to change back. The ride quality is remarkable ... suits my riding style. And, yes, I know it's not a run flat tire.

Everyone has their own choices ...

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Thanks for sharing Bagger.
No issue here with your posting. Actually thanks for giving F6B riders yet another choice with the 200.

:capwin:

Corventure Dave

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
--

--
YA ME TOO !!!! GOT ME SOME EXTRA PARTS BECAUSE AN E3 FAILED AT 60 MPH. TO EACH HIS OWN . I LOVE THE "WONKY LIFE " !!:smile2:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I ran a B'stone runflat Driveguard CT on my F6B for around 12K miles. I didn't have any real issues with it ... other than it followed the contours of the road somewhat. And, it didn't seem to corner as well when I rode the bike hard on twisty roads. Obviously, it took more input when cornering.

But, that was all OK ...

But, since I bought my 2018 GW non-tour, I liked the size of the rear tire on this bike. Decided to try it on the F6B. 200 sized tire works well on the bike! It rides quite nicely ... better than the CT. I like the look of the tire, too. It has a larger cross section than the CT ... fat tire! Speedo is pretty much true to the GPS speed, too. And, it doesn't follow the crowns, contours, or ruts in the road like the CT.

I'm glad I made the switch back. Yes, there were advantages in the run flat tire ... and, it looked like new after 12K miles! Much cheaper than the MC tire, too. But, all in all .... the MC tire on the F6B works for me. :)
Went there too, and also don't like the wonky handling. Will also be going back to a MT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts