GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, it has been a while since I have been on this forum. I had a 08 short time and sold it. Well I sold my Beemer last week and will pickup a 2012 this week.:thumbup:. I think the wife is more excited than I am...

Looking for mounting options for my Zumo 665, and V1 radar detector. Also is there still a 3.5mm imput jack to plug in the Zumo? I know about the USB in the trunk, just wondering how to interface the zumo into the factory intercom..

Thanks for any info.... Smitty:coffee1:

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
On a 2012 you should have a Ipod connection ready to go in the trunk.
As for your Zumo I would route it under the plastic to the left side pocket(underneath)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
On the 2012 there is a USB connector in the trunk to accept an IPod or memory stick loaded with music. Memory stick works just as good as $IPod.

There is also an auxilary audio plug in the left fairing pocket. Same as always.

Use the Aux button to switch between the two.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the help. Can any of you new 2012 owners of Audio Comfort models tell me something?? Do you need to buy a pigtail for the 3.5mm that is in the right side fairing pocket? Or did it come with the bike. I know about the usb in the trunk, but I am going to use the 3.5mm input for my GPS/V1.

Thanks Smitty

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks guys for the help. Can any of you new 2012 owners of Audio Comfort models tell me something?? Do you need to buy a pigtail for the 3.5mm that is in the right side fairing pocket? Or did it come with the bike. I know about the usb in the trunk, but I am going to use the 3.5mm input for my GPS/V1.

Thanks Smitty
Smitty
I use my 660, I like the music interface and I’m just used to the unit. I’m guessing your 665 is pretty close. If you don’t have one, I suggest getting the motorcycle mounting kit from Garmin. You will need to buy the Aux cable from Honda. Plugs right in under the left pocket, there is also power there as well. I made a couple of connectors but if I knew beforehand I would have tried to get the plug. All works well for me.
Hope this helps.
Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts