GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for lower back part of front fender yellow.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I'm sorry you folks have busted your front fenders ... mine broke several years ago because the former owner added one of those pretty chrome "fender extenders" ... I paid dearly for a new rear fender half and the chrome caliper covers too ... no problems since WITHOUT the fender extender. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry you folks have busted your front fenders ... mine broke several years ago because the former owner added one of those pretty chrome "fender extenders" ... I paid dearly for a new rear fender half and the chrome caliper covers too ... no problems since WITHOUT the fender extender. :thumbup:
you're right the long extenson is what got it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If it's just cracked, clean the underside and use epoxy over the cracks. No one will ever see the small crack lines and it will stay together forever. If the crack lines bother you, use some touchup paint on them. A lot cheaper than buying a front fender piece no one can see or even looks at anyway.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the Road Trip Essentials, color matched extension and my fender cracked twice on the left side, near the upper bolt. Second time I reinforced it with JB weld and imbedded a small piece of fiber glass cloth. Then I cut 1 1/4" off the bottom of the extension and no more cracking so far.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Road Trip Essentials, color matched extension and my fender cracked twice on the left side, near the upper bolt. Second time I reinforced it with JB weld and imbedded a small piece of fiber glass cloth. Then I cut 1 1/4" off the bottom of the extension and no more cracking so far.
Thanks i will patch mine up because you sure can't find one.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Go to your local hardware store and buy the PVC/ABS glue used in plumbing. Use a dremel tool and buff the paint off the inside of the fender in the area to be repaired. Then use the fiberglass mat as suggested earlier over a generous dose of the glue, and add another light coat over the top. I have done several of these and never had a repair fail... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go to your local hardware store and buy the PVC/ABS glue used in plumbing. Use a dremel tool and buff the paint off the inside of the fender in the area to be repaired. Then use the fiberglass mat as suggested earlier over a generous dose of the glue, and add another light coat over the top. I have done several of these and never had a repair fail... :thumbup:
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts