GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2010 my wife wanted me to trike my Goldwing and I did. My wife passed away 2 and 1/2 years ago and I kept this trike but I was able to sell it and tomorrow I will pick up another Goldwing. I ran a car tire on the back and forgot what size that will fit. The new to me is a 2013 so what size is the best for this bike. I want a run flat any help will be greatly welcome.

Sonney

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Tire

In 2010 my wife wanted me to trike my Goldwing and I did. My wife passed away 2 and 1/2 years ago and I kept this trike but I was able to sell it and tomorrow I will pick up another Goldwing. I ran a car tire on the back and forgot what size that will fit. The new to me is a 2013 so what size is the best for this bike. I want a run flat any help will be greatly welcome.

Sonney
You will probably get lots of suggestions here, but a 195/55/16 is the right size. I like both the Pirelli P1 and Snowcontrol, but the Bridgestone Driveguard is also popular. I also like the Yokohama Avid Envigor, but it is a heavier tire and does not handle as well. It has really stiff sidewalls to minimize flex when it is running flat.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts

Sonney
Condolences on your loss, I had a Bridgestone Driveguard that worked well on my '05. 195R/55/60.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Sonney
I feel you. My wife passed this past June. I'm beginning to go crazy with some toys (she'd kill me if she was still here), but I'm on my own now, so. I've been checking out a lot of darksider posts here and elsewhere, and the tire everyone suggests is 195/55-16. I just picked up a DriveGuard yesterday and am waiting for a new to me rear wheel which should be here Tuesday. I'll have my Honda dealer install the tire and see how it goes. Never been darkside before but the mileage on the mc tires sucks.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Install CT

I feel you. My wife passed this past June. I'm beginning to go crazy with some toys (she'd kill me if she was still here), but I'm on my own now, so. I've been checking out a lot of darksider posts here and elsewhere, and the tire everyone suggests is 195/55-16. I just picked up a DriveGuard yesterday and am waiting for a new to me rear wheel which should be here Tuesday. I'll have my Honda dealer install the tire and see how it goes. Never been darkside before but the mileage on the mc tires sucks.
Many if not most Honda dealers will not install car tires.

·
Registered
268 Posts
A recent graduate to the darkside, I have only about 1500 miles on the Pirelli snow control but I really like it so far.
Worst thing I can say about it is the slow speed handling on uneven surfaces.
I've been told that it throws quite the rooster tail in the rain !!!

I took my tire and wheel that is for my "custom trailer " to a yamaha dealer and they mounted it no problem.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I run a bridgestone drivegaurd at 28 lbs psi 4oz beads to balance, works awesome in all conditions, on my second one . A lot of people now using Pirelli Cinturato P1, it looks good.
I run 36 on my driveguard. I got 20,000 miles out of my last one. I let it bleed down to about 33 then air it back up. Seems to soft to me below that air pressure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just turned to DarkSide....Pumped my Driveguard to 32 when my wife and I rode to TN for Wing Ding. Did the Dragon, TN30, Cherolah Skyway, and BRP in a 4 day trip. No issues doing mega twisties with a CT. Riding two up and loaded with luggage the CT seems to have an added benefit of wanting to stand straight up more at slow speeds as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
Always ride my '06 solo...have the Driveguard at 28 pounds...just passed 30K on it and getting almost ready to replace it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts