GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know I've had a restricted riding schedule this year, between painting the house and now redoing the kitchen from bare floor and walls. I haven't had time for my usual rides. I did get in a BBQ/BBG a couple or three weeks ago and last weekend I had a nice RTE a Billy's hamburger. It may be a good thing I got those in. I returned from the RTE a day early so I could glue up the 14 drawers I had trued, dimensioned, sized, and jointed before I left on the RTE. Today as I was selecting some plywood at one of our national Big Box home stores, with the help of one of their employees, a sheet got away from him and landed squire on my left big toe....damn it hurt and needless to say, I ain't going to be wearing motorcycle boots any time soon.

Moral....just ride your bike, it's safer and wear ATGATT even when going to Home Depot :).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Bubba,

I, too, have had my riding restricted do to projects around the house and had a similar experience. Dropped a piece of plywood on my left ankle and put a huge gash in my leg - never woulda happened had I had my boots on! I did feel lucky that I didn't drop it on my toe - woulda broke it for sure. It took me a good couple of months before I could wear my boots without pain on the ankle.

I never thought about it before, but I guess we're safer on the road than doing these home projects.

To he!! with the home repairs - let's ride!!!!

Mike

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
My bike excursions for the year have been impaired too while I attempt to replace the roof on the house from the plate up. Fortunately if I encounter a big toe injury during this time I am not afraid to wear sandels on the bike for local recon missions. I would go bare foot but the asphalt gets damn hot at red lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts