GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have inquired about lights before on this board. I was hoping to connect up with one of the members of the board. He did not return my calls from the week of the Dec 11th, now he is not answering my emails about the inquiry.

I am back to the drawing board about installation of lights on my "goldie". I live in Maywood, IL.

Is there anyone out there that could HELP ME?

Micheal

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
What is it that you need help with?

Are you looking for ideas, a recommendation for an installer, someone to do the work for you, what?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for an installer. This guy was suppose to have his own business installing lights, I saw some of his work via email. It looks like he has disappeared.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Pay my flight tickets i will do the install for free..

happy new year Nigel

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Come on Michael work with us. What part of the world are you in and what exactly do you want installed? Do you have the lights already or are you still looking?

Some of those answers may assist someone in offering the kind of answers you are looking for. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Suggestion no. 1.. Check with your local dealer or where you purchased your Wing. They might be able to do it or maybe they can tell you of customer who lives close and would like to assist you or do it for a fee.

Ross

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Michael, I met a guy at the Harrison gathering in october that is from your area. If I remember correctly he goes by bluewing03 or something like that. He installs lights on goldwings and sure had some pretty lights on his. I don't know anything else about him except he seemed to be a nice guy. You might try doing a search for his handle on this board, see if he can help ya out.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Thanks Jon, Thats what I get for speed reading without a license. :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought I had a guy that would be able to do this type of work (he lives close to me). There were a few emails back and forth between us. I had called him a couple of times. I left my # and address. He NEVER called me back.

I am now back to the search for a few lights for "Goldie". Wife said that I could have my lights for exchange for something that she wanted. :cry: It might be a fair exchange??

This is the deeleeooo, I am looking for a installer to install a few lights on my bike. I live in Maywood, IL. No, I will not pay a plane ticket for someone to fly here for a visit/installation. :lol:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
wingman_micheal said:
... No, I will not pay a plane ticket for someone to fly here for a visit/installation. :lol:
Well, that leaves me out! :D

Here are some more ideas (on a Blue bike)

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
galute said:
Michael, I met a guy at the Harrison gathering in october that is from your area. If I remember correctly he goes by bluewing03 or something like that. He installs lights on goldwings and sure had some pretty lights on his. I don't know anything else about him except he seemed to be a nice guy. You might try doing a search for his handle on this board, see if he can help ya out.
Galute,
Here is the profile for Bluewing03 and in a message he says he is from Southern IN. Michael is outside of Chicago, I think.
http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/prof ... ile&u=7989

Come on you CHICAGO guys.

W

·
0 Posts
wingman_micheal said:
Wife said that I could have my lights for exchange for something that she wanted. :cry: It might be a fair exchange??
Now we know who controls THAT marriage.................LOL

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Those are the pics of the install... :)

There are a combination of products on that bike:
  • Kury 'Moon' and 'Spyder' lights which have electronic control modules that allow you to flash them at varying rates or go to 'solid on' modes.
    Standard 'step' modules in various places
    My Knight Rider lights in the windshield garnish
    Ted Harper's lighted trunk and saddlebag trim

·
Registered
354 Posts
Michael!

As you know, I HAVE sent you reply email! To date, I have yet to be given your phone number otherwise I would have called you. I know you say you have called me and I will not say you haven't, but I have never received a call from you to my knowledge on my cell # which I use almost exclusively.

I had my 50th birthday just before the holidays and had many people STAY at my house for the holidays. It has been a zoo! Please contact me again...

There are many on this board that know me and they know you will not be dissapointed in my work.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bumper1. I have called you! I have left you my work & cell number and home #'s. Last time I called was on Friday afternoon. You telling me that you didn't get that message either?

Micheal

·
Registered
264 Posts
"What we got heah is a failyah to communicate........"
--"Cool Hand Luke" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry,couldn't resist........hope you get your lighting issues all sorted out OK.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Jon, I'd fly out here to go crazy with whatever parts you want to bring if you don't mind going 'stand by' on MaybeNot airlines. They fly the worlds formerly largest crop dusters.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts