GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys... can I get some recommendations from the group as to the best place to buy Dunlop Goldwing (2005 - ABS) tires (I need a front... 130/70R-18)? AS A BACK-UP SOURCE TO HAL IF HAL IS OUT OF STOCK. Meaning the best possible price & no problems with the dealer & again, assuming if Hal is out of stock. Believe me, it is hard to beat Hal's service...

Pls don't suggest I buy another brand... I want to match up the rear!!

Also, has anyone used a slightly larger tire for the front WITH NO mods to anything? If so, size?

I need one rather quickly as I have two trips coming up - got 2 weeks to locate the tire, shipped in, mounted & balanced (doing the take off of the wheel from the scooter, my on self!)

Any caveats?

Many thanks, in advance!!!

Paul (aka BugEyedTurkey)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Best idea is to keep some in your inventory during the summer every one runs out at times. That is the only way you can be assured of having tires. I keep extra tires for both of my motorcycles.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea!

(Next rear replacement will put me over & into the "Dark Side"... going to try a car tire.)

H

·
0 Posts
Best replacement: Avon, Bridgestone, Metzeler

Dunlop is still getting the factories in ramp up mode. We may not even see any by summer at this rate.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have a couple of the Dunlop OEM fronts, I can let you have one of them for about $125.00 to your door.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
BugEyedTurkey asked: Any caveats?
I have no idea, but what do carrots have to do with any of this??? :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts