GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing fog lights using big bike parts kit number 52-604. After dark went for a ride around neighborhood to check um out. Noticed no background lighting on memo1 or memo2 push buttons. Also no backlights on rocker switch labeled up down. This is a new Gl 1800 '07. I'm new to the Goldwing, are these not lighted ??

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I might have broken a wire during the fog light switch installation so I removed the panel and checked all the wires. Could not find any that were loose or broken so I was truly stumped as to why some areas of that panel are backlit while others are not.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
dkasner said:
Just finished installing fog lights using big bike parts kit number 52-604. After dark went for a ride around neighborhood to check um out. Noticed no background lighting on memo1 or memo2 push buttons. Also no backlights on rocker switch labeled up down. This is a new Gl 1800 '07. I'm new to the Goldwing, are these not lighted ??
06 here, those area's aren't backlighted. On that paticular panel: normally just the hazard lights symbol, and the labels or words: headlight adjust, and preload are illuminated. Well my foglight switch is also, but that was my E.C. addon not o.e.m. Terry

·
Registered
125 Posts
you know I thought the EC foglight switch was highlighted. Well it was at one time anyway. Guess I'd better get with Lewis for a new one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think for consistancy, backlighting on a panel would cover all the buttons and switches, rather than just selected ones. Does anyone know the history of why honda has elected not to illuminate some and not others. I know the information buttons just under the multi display and the heat switches are also not illuminated. Scatterback from illuminated dials and switches surely could not be the reason ??? There's no direct illumination comming from these items so how can that be a problem ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts