GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Offering to AZ folks locally first. This is on the new to me ride. It is in perfect shape, looks like new. Bike only had 10K on it. http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/287/Rider-Backrest Can help install it if you come over to pick it up. Can also meet you halfway. Asking $175. Can email pics, but it is like the one in the link.

·
Registered
758 Posts
How new is it

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beats me. Looks new, no rust. Always garage stored.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Something to consider when using a backrest. My wife's legs are short and thick and the bars that attach it to the seat dug into her thigh. I went with one that goes into a hole cut into the seat.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one has the pop the knobs and it comes off. For riding one up it is good. For 2 up my wife said nope. I run an Aux tank and my backrest is on the tank so it's pretty much useless to me. It also doesn't put a hole in the seat. Some folks may like that. Here's a pic on the bike. New GL1800.jpg 20140505_193046.jpg Dee like the armrests so those I will keep.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
I HAD MACKLAND ( ALMOST SAME AS YOURS ) HAVE UTOPIA NOW ! SOLO CANT BEAT YOUR TYPE - BACKREST ADJUSTS AND YOU CAN SLIDE THE WHOLE BACKREST FORWARD OR BACK ABOUT 3 INCHES - CANT DO WITH UTOPIA. WHATEVER WORKS FOR YA. YOUR DIME :bow::bow:;)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Selling it with the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts