GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello GL1800 Riders
First time writer Short time reader. I would like to know how you folks like krome werks back rest and does it have plenty of ajustments. and does it match the seat ok. what about Kuryakyn backrest. thanks for your support and the forum.

I ride 2002 Illusion Blue "But most days its purple" it's not in the recall
so far. I have 18,491 mile, had a slow year last year. Wife made me work two jobs to pay for the bike. thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I like my kromeworks backrest, it will fold forward so a passenger can get on. No the bars do not bother my bride, I've asked her too many times about that. LOL.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
We love our Khrome Werks too. There's three positions, it matches the seat, & it's easy on & off. I have ours in the center position. I can't say anything about the other brands, as I've never used them. I just hated the thought of cutting a hole in my new seat for some backrests. Good luck, with what ever choise you decide on. Ride Safe!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Just wondering what position you guys have your KromeWerks backrest at.
I'm 5'11" and 250lbs :oops: and have it in the middle position.
It took a couple of days riding to find where I liked it the best.
I like the fact that I didn't cut into the seat, that's just my preference. The Utopia is also I very nice back rest, but I didn't want to make the cut.
Don

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Don I have mine all the way forward, that position gives my bride the most room and also lets me keep my feet on the highway pegs. I'm shorter than you 5'9. My only complaint would be when your not leaning against the rest ? And you hit a bump? The rest will give you a slap in the back. The first time it took me by surprise, I'm ready for it now. LOL

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
pgreen ? Yes the seat is custom made. I'm about 1" closer to the tank, also thinner there. And about an 1" lower. I won't give out the persons name that did it in an open forum. If you wish any info PM me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts