GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the changes that we have made on these boards it is a good idea to delete your cookies from time to time to make sure you have the most current one for accessing this site. If your having "login" problems that's why :( Clear your cookies and you should be fine. I had to do that twice now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the advice L'Monsta, but how do I "clear my cookies"?

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
837 Posts
RaT Bake said:
Thanks for the advice L'Monsta, but how do I "clear my cookies"?
Go into tools at the top of your browser window, then internet options.
Under Temporary internet files you'll see a button to clear cookies and one for deleteing temporary files. I clear both from time to time.

It should also be noted that once you clear your cookies, you have to log in again and check the box to remember you next time, next time you try to come into the message boards.

Have a great day :!: :!:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks Jim.
I've heard before about cleaning out the cookies, but I never knew where to look to do it. I'm glad there are some 'puter savy people around here.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Any time :rat: Bake. I found it once just by going into things to see what was there. :?: :?: Glad I was able to help. :capwin:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I guess I need to learn to poke around more and see what I find.

I'm always thinking I'll screw something up :D

I

·
0 Posts
Deleting cookies

Even after you delete them they still take up valuable hard drive space.
Use a program called McAffee Quick Clean to delete and shred cookies and temporary internet files. Keeps the drive clean and keeps more spase free for you

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I use both Netscape and Internet Explorer. Depending on which version of Netscape used, it's a little more work to delete cookies. The version I use now allows selective deletion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts